Author Topic: Acid Cyclopean Eye  (Read 5433 times)

Nnnx

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Acid Cyclopean Eye
« on: March 12, 2017, 07:11:37 pm »
Where can I find a two-headed mutant?

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Acid Cyclopean Eye
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 12:30:52 pm »
It's a secret.

Many have tried to uncover it, many have failed.

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 05:01:43 pm »
Late to answer the question, but I just last night found one playing through the Junkyard in Depot A.  They're much more dangerous than the normal mutants in the Depot, with 500HP, and they hit like a damned tractor.  I never saw one before, so I'm guessing they're pretty rare.  I suppose it could also have something to do with level - I messed around and did everything I could find before going to Depot A so my character was level 12, which is two or three levels higher than the other characters I've played to the Depot.  It did drop the Acid Cyclopean Eye.

MirddinEmris

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 07:46:39 am »
Holy... But how? I've been looking for him everywhere and couldn't find.

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 07:02:59 pm »
Can't really tell you, sorry.  I didn't do some specific "Summon Two-Headed Mutant" ritual or anything.  I went everywhere I could before going to Depot A, killed the lunatic groups and the lurkers, the burrowers in all three places, did all the pre-Depot quests for both Scrappers and Eels, killed off the scavengers (didn't have Doctor, anyway), did Abram's first two quests.  Then went through the Wormhole, explored all the areas with turrets and junkyard muties, and finally went into the Depot proper, where that mutant was hanging out with his other mutant friends.

Sorry.  Didn't even know it existed, which is why I was surprised enough to screenshot in the first place.  Don't know what made it show up.

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 04:44:07 pm »
What is this eye? An oddity? Seen her a couple of times, knows killed on my first play through but that was long ago.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 03:03:57 pm »
The eye is an oddity, yes. 

my post on this page shows where I found it
http://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=3127.30
*eurobeat intensifies*

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 08:17:21 am »
The two-head mutant seems heavily randomized but also always spawning where other mutants are, I also had something happen once where the mutant had spawned on the map, but vanished after I exited (wanted to leave combat to patch up) and returned, I only got him because I remembered he was supposed to be there and reloaded the save. So if you aren't careful you might "erase" the mutant by leaving the map before finding and getting him.

Dieusama

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 09:28:10 am »
Which is total bullcrap. The obtention of a 4 oddity xp item should not be so random and rare . . .

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 02:38:37 pm »
There's enough xp in this game to get to like level 28, if it existed.
*eurobeat intensifies*

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 02:46:32 pm »
Which is total bullcrap. The obtention of a 4 oddity xp item should not be so random and rare . . .
I don't think you are actually supposed to find the 2-headed mutant right now. He's more of a teaser.

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2017, 03:04:56 pm »
The two-head mutant seems heavily randomized but also always spawning where other mutants are, I also had something happen once where the mutant had spawned on the map, but vanished after I exited (wanted to leave combat to patch up) and returned, I only got him because I remembered he was supposed to be there and reloaded the save. So if you aren't careful you might "erase" the mutant by leaving the map before finding and getting him.
If he/she/it can vanish then it can also appear, right?
So just hang around mutants in stealth mode, and enter and exit the area until you find him.

Problem solved.

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2017, 10:02:15 pm »
Can't really tell you, sorry.  I didn't do some specific "Summon Two-Headed Mutant" ritual or anything.  I went everywhere I could before going to Depot A, killed the lunatic groups and the lurkers, the burrowers in all three places, did all the pre-Depot quests for both Scrappers and Eels, killed off the scavengers (didn't have Doctor, anyway), did Abram's first two quests.  Then went through the Wormhole, explored all the areas with turrets and junkyard muties, and finally went into the Depot proper, where that mutant was hanging out with his other mutant friends.

Sorry.  Didn't even know it existed, which is why I was surprised enough to screenshot in the first place.  Don't know what made it show up.

Since I missed this oddity first time around I went hunting for the Two-headed Mutant and managed to locate him. I think there's actually a set of condition must be meet before he spawn, not sure which:

1) Do all of the above ("went everywhere I could before going to Depot A, killed the lunatic groups ...") and/or
2) At least level 12 <- your level playing oddity if you did EVERYTHING before entering Depot A

So, I unlocked Core City, did everything, level 13 and continuously wipe out everything in Depot A. The Two-headed Mutant spawn on the third time and I got my oddity. Yay!

mattu

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2017, 10:22:42 pm »
I saw a two headed mutant going through Depot A recently. I wasn't in any kind of shape to fight it (and its friends) at the time. Figured I'd get it later, but it had wandered off next time I re-entered the zone. Bummer.

I had not scoured the rest of early Underrail. I wasn't anywhere near level 12. Probably level 8, maybe 9, maaaaaybe 10. (L12 before entering Depot A? Holy cow.)

My guess is it just shows up rarely & randomly. Have only seen it the once. Would be nice if chance increased with player level, though, then I could go back and hunt one.

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2017, 10:29:32 pm »
So it's back to a mystery on why it spawn then. I still think it would help to wipe out everything in order to reset the area spawn.