Author Topic: New Stygian Software Developer  (Read 5162 times)

Yogimanz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
New Stygian Software Developer
« on: July 21, 2020, 10:12:56 am »
Greeting fellow denizens of Underrail.

I'm Yogimanz (Igor), newest member of Stygian Software team. For six months already, I've been working as game developer, specifically focused on creating new gameplay content. Among other things, this new content includes dungeons, random events, fragment dungeons, quests, narration and all the necessary scripting needed to tie these things together. For a long time to come, I'll be primarily focused on polishing and improving the overall experience of Underrail. All feedback on the upcoming content is more than welcome. Feel free to ask any questions.

Crows

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: New Stygian Software Developer
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 12:20:03 pm »
Hello and welcome!

Out of curiosity, what upcoming content would you like feedback on in particular?

Yogimanz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 12:30:23 pm »
Thank you.

I'd like to receive additional feedback in regards to all new dungeons and events you'll encounter with the update we've just launched. Most of those are located around the Waterways.

Crows

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 12:56:18 pm »
Sounds good!

Elite

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 01:48:08 pm »
Always good to see new devs, give it a few days and I'm sure you'll have plenty of feedback as people explore the new content.

When creating a new area / scenario, are there certain things you always try to do / not do?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 02:23:44 pm by Elite »

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2020, 02:17:07 pm »
Hello, Yogimanz.

What's your favourite build in Underrail?

Yogimanz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2020, 02:40:10 pm »
Always good to see new devs, give it a few days and I'm sure you'll have plenty of feedback as people explore the new content.

When creating a new area / scenario, are there certain things you always try to do / not do?

Arriving quite late into a project such as this one poses quite a lot of challenge to create something entirely new and previously unseen. With that being said, I try to mix and match existing, especially newer features (such as ability checks) to create various routes within dungeons for all sorts of builds. Cope that with writing minor, usually unrelated characters to the existing "important" ones, and you'll get the picture. As I'll be primarily working on side content, my future work will be focused on filling the "gaps" in the world of Underrail.

Hello, Yogimanz.

What's your favourite build in Underrail?

My first build, the hammer wizard was a ton of fun. For that run, I tried not to spoil myself with any meta knowledge of the game. Heavy armour, sledgehammer and support psi abilities. Yummy.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 02:46:44 pm by Yogimanz »

Mac Orion

• Developer
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2020, 03:03:04 pm »
Yo bro, who took ma food from the fridge? xD Warm official welcome, lets make Underrail Great!!

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2020, 03:31:19 pm »
Hey, I'll give a shot to anything new I'll find!
Welcome! Take hug&beer!

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2020, 04:41:42 pm »
...lets make Underrail Great!!

*greater. Greater. :D

Quote from: Fenix
Welcome! Take hug&beer!

*Raises Kzozel Yantar*

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2020, 05:18:06 pm »
Welcome, Yog!  Nice to meet you.

Grab a comfy chair, and a nice drink, becuase you are showing up just in time to see some angry people show up  ;D

Stavrophore

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2020, 11:05:10 pm »
Great! I havent got to waterways yet, but ive already found nice dungeon-quest near SGS. Newton place also had nice optional dungeon. I think the rewards are very good for completing these.

HulkOSaurus

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2020, 10:26:48 pm »

I'm Yogimanz (Igor), newest member of Stygian Software team. For six months already, I've been working as game developer, specifically focused on creating new gameplay content. Among other things, this new content includes dungeons, random events, fragment dungeons, quests, narration and all the necessary scripting needed to tie these things together. For a long time to come, I'll be primarily focused on polishing and improving the overall experience of Underrail. All feedback on the upcoming content is more than welcome. Feel free to ask any questions.

Hello!

Glad to hear the team is expanding. I hope you enjoy yourself around here.

I will probably give Underrail another go after the latest changes - the Psi... nerfs, as they call them, look interesting.

Anyways, what sort of feedback are you looking for?

Yogimanz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2020, 07:43:03 am »

Hello!

Glad to hear the team is expanding. I hope you enjoy yourself around here.

I will probably give Underrail another go after the latest changes - the Psi... nerfs, as they call them, look interesting.

Anyways, what sort of feedback are you looking for?

Heya,

As I'm particularly working on new levels (dungeons and random encounters) and some minor characters, all feedback in regards to those would be appreciated. Things that you don't like or find weird. Are the encounters too hard for the difficulty you are playing on, etc.

HulkOSaurus

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2020, 11:01:04 am »
As I'm particularly working on new levels (dungeons and random encounters) and some minor characters, all feedback in regards to those would be appreciated. Things that you don't like or find weird. Are the encounters too hard for the difficulty you are playing on, etc.

I will keep that in mind, thank you. I haven't played this game on anything else than DOMINATING for years now so I usually know what to bring, i.e., electric resistance for coil spiders, ect. The gist of that is I'm probably not the best person to give feedback on the difficulty of the game.

Anyways, glad to see the Underrail team is expanding yet again :)