Author Topic: Dev Log #59: In the Halls of the Savage King  (Read 13220 times)

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Dev Log #59: In the Halls of the Savage King
« on: August 16, 2018, 11:28:35 am »
Hi guys,

We're basically done with the savage natives. You won't be able to join this faction but you'll be able to explore their territory and their lore, and in any case you'll come in contact with them regularly as they are the primary danger facing the expedition.

Now we're taking a two week break to get some sun. After that we'll be putting the final touches on the rest of the Black Sea and preparing the closed alpha that will probably be available in the second half of September. It will be invite only. We'll be turning to the veterans of our community to help us test the massive amount of content we added so far to help us weed out bugs, handle any glaring imbalances as well as provide general feedback as to how to improve the expansion (within reason).

As the closed alpha is taking place we'll move to the final dungeon and the main quest wrap up.

Let us know how you like the new areas and I hope you guys are as excited for the closed alpha as we are. We really added a lot of things to the DLC over these few years, that, at times, we complete forget about them, and we're really interested to see how you guys use and abuse them to kill our precious NPCs before we nerf everything into the ground.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 01:54:57 pm by Styg »

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: Dev Log #58: In the Halls of the Savage King
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 11:35:00 am »
Enjoy your break.  Looks like you've earned it, for sure!

Can't wait to murder all these heathens...and, uh....learn about their history.  So, you know, someone remembers them once they're gone.

STEN

Re: Dev Log #58: In the Halls of the Savage King
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 12:06:24 pm »
Last pic immediately brings back Arroyo in mind - carpets and pottery everywhere :)

drealmer7

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Dev Log #59: In the Halls of the Savage King
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 02:46:09 pm »
*holds hands in front of eyes while peeking through fingers at the pictures*

I don't want to see, but I want to see!

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 04:01:08 pm »
Minotaurs and/or mammoths?  Interesting. 
*eurobeat intensifies*

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 04:12:45 pm »
Looking good. I can see a subtle difference between new environments/sprites and those in the base game, I'm guessing a lot of it is Windwalker's work. Love that giant club in the 3rd screen, I hope we will be able to take it for ourselves.

Carthwright

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2018, 01:04:46 am »
This area looks great, cant wait for the closed alpha. Are people who are invited playing a premade character build or are they rolling with their vanilla character?

snake2243

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2018, 01:10:16 am »
Hope you guys enjoy your two weeks off man ^_^, also fingers crossed that I get a chance to try out the alpha. This game has came a long way. I love time shift parad- I mean Underrail!

Cmdr. DuctTape

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Commander on deck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2018, 10:08:53 am »
Wow. Major props to the art department because this expansion is looking better and better with every devlog! I'd very much like to know how the natives managed to get a hold of so many mammoth bones and skulls though...

Also, I counted at least seven new weapons and weapon models. Can't wait to try them out! :D

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2018, 10:16:59 am »
This area looks great, cant wait for the closed alpha. Are people who are invited playing a premade character build or are they rolling with their vanilla character?

They can play as they wish. We are primary interested in testing the content, so it's preferred that people either use premade characters or are able to level up fast to get to that mid game where the DLC is (which the veteran players should have no problems with). We're also looking for feedback on the new weapon and psi options though, which will require, in most cases, for players to roll-up new characters.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2018, 10:20:26 am »
I'd very much like to know how the natives managed to get a hold of so many mammoth bones and skulls though...

You'll get the chance to find out. ;)

Also, I counted at least seven new weapons and weapon models. Can't wait to try them out! :D

I think we already showed all the new visual weapon models. While you'll be able to wield most of those unique weapons you can see on the screenshots, they will not have that visual model when wielded by the player unfortunately due to technical limitations.

mercy

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2018, 11:53:49 am »
Urgh..        This one didn't score in the visual department.

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2018, 12:01:56 pm »
Styg: There is a lot of water in the Black Sea, so many fishing opportunities I guess. Are you changing the fishing mechanics in any way, or will it be the same as it is now? The waiting and reeling in (and slipping away) can get pretty bothersome in the long run.

Good luck with the Alpha. The Expedition looks really interesting. Really appreciate all the work you guys do.

MirddinEmris

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2018, 08:32:12 pm »
Let us know how you like the new areas and I hope you guys are as excited for the closed alpha as we are.

Absolutely thrilled. Are there predetermined list of people you want to give access to alpha, or some sort of application is in order? If it is later, count me in.

Dizzy

• Zoner
  • How to catch a unique rabbit? You neek' up on it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2018, 12:32:33 am »
Props to the development team,

The attention to detail is immaculate as always. I enjoy the bone/skele aesthetic the native areas have. Congratulations on getting so close to the finish line!

I'm excited!