Friday, 18 November 2016 08:42
In the expansion, we'll be adding a new psionic school called “Temporal Manipulation”, which will primarily feature delayed damage and
This psi discipline will, probably more than any other, will function well
as a support skill that can be incorporated into other builds, rather than a primary
skill around which a build is made, though I have no doubt that some of you will
find a way to prove me wrong.
Here are the abilities:
- Temporal Distortion - Places a debuff on the target that lasts 1 turn and
deals mechanical and energy damage when it expires. In the case the target is
already affected by temporal distortion, its duration will be increased by 1
turn and damage by 25% and the newly applied temporal distortion will have the
same duration and damage bonus. Damage dealt by this ability ignores shield and
50% of damage resistance and threshold. This ability cannot critically hit.
- Psycho-temporal Dilation – Reduces target's action points by 15 and movement
points by 50. Lasts 2 turns.
- Limited Temporal Increment – Reduces all remaining cooldowns by 1 turn.
- Entropic Recurrence – Repeats the percentage of the last unit of damage
taken by the target over 3 turns. This damage ignores shields and resistances.
In cases when the original damage was very slight, the recurrence may actually
- Psycho-temporal Contraction – Increases target's action points by 15 and
movement points by 30. Lasts 2 turns.
- Temporary Rewind – Reverses the last damage done to the target, up to certain
amount depending on the skill level. After two turns this health is lost and
this may cause the target to die.
- Precognition – While this ability is active, your chance to dodge and evade
attacks is increased by certain percentage depending on skill level (additively).
Drains 25 psi points every turn.
- Stasis – Places the target in stasis for 2 turns, making it immune to all
damage and most disabling effects, but also preventing it from acting. While in
stasis, the target's status effects will not progress (except the stasis one),
but the cooldowns will.
That's about it. Let me know how you guys like the new psi school.