Author Topic: Possibilities for requirements/limits?  (Read 2843 times)

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Possibilities for requirements/limits?
« on: July 11, 2014, 05:14:12 pm »
This isn't really a suggestion, it's asking for knowledge on the inner workings of the game to better make suggestions.

These Questions being, in detail:

Is it possible for a feat to have stat OR-Requirements, as in, require stat X or stat Y? I've seen skills, so I guess yes, but you never know.
Is it possible to have a special skill work X times per round before a cooldown starts, without the awkward workaround of giving the character the same ability twice?

Edit: Can a Feat have a requirement like "2 Attributes on 9 or higher"? No matter which?

Examples:

I recently shelved a character that was based around the concept of excessive suppressive fire, but two bursts aren't possible. So I figured, a feat
"Controlled Bursts" that reduced the number of Bullets by one but granted +1 bursts a round would be neat, possibly with a precision bonus. I wouldn't suggest it, though, because I have no idea if it's even feasible. Obviously, "Controlled Burst" could be a new ability requiring Spec Ops, and thus it wouldn't be a problem, but for Science!

As another option for the thread "More options for the Intelligent Combatant?" I figured it'd be nice to have a special melee attack that ignored half the damage resistance of an opponent, and that could be fluffed either as an Intelligence skill (Deducting a weakpoint) or a Will skill (Psychokinetics).
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 01:18:14 am by UnLimiTeD »
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: Possibilities for requirements/limits?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 04:54:36 am »
As another option for the thread "More options for the Intelligent Combatant?" I figured it'd be nice to have a special melee attack that ignored half the damage resistance of an opponent, and that could be fluffed either as an Intelligence skill (Deducting a weakpoint) or a Will skill (Psychokinetics).
Your wish is granted.

bushwhacker2k

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 05:02:15 pm »
As for the "Controlled Bursts" idea, I think the easiest way to implement that would be making a feat that simply removes cooldown from Burst ability because why not

I like this idea- though unless I'm quite mistaken about how burst works this will only buff SMG-users (which already have more applicable feats than Assault Riflers) since bursts take 3 times as much AP as firing the gun (referring to the Spec Ops feat).

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 05:19:43 pm »
I don't see why are the burst fire limited, much like the grenades are limited. At the end of the day it makes absolutly no sense that a person can burst several times or throw multiple grenades.

Yes, some may say it's balance reasons but with the costs for spending lots of ammo or lots of grenades, at the end of the day it's just not cost effective to do so at every single opportunity anyway.

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 12:15:18 am »
It's be extremely ammo-hungry, that's for sure.
And yeah, I'd have it require Specops, because thats the only way it's gonna happen anyways.
But I agree that Assault Rifles need a few more feats.
They are undeniably powerful, but you basically got everything covered after Level 8.
That would probably be another thread.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 01:44:54 pm »
I am pretty sure that making the AI not being able to throw more than one grenade per turn while allowing the player to throw as many as he possibly wants (provided he has them and the action points)  isn't even hard.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 07:48:51 am »
I can make new kinds of feat requirements if I need them.

I'm not sure why I had cooldown on burst attack, removed for the next version.

I'm aware that Assault Rifles are a bit weak and less fun than other builds at the moment. I'll be looking into buffing them in some future patch (not the upcoming one though).

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 02:50:40 pm »
I can make new kinds of feat requirements if I need them.

I'm not sure why I had cooldown on burst attack, removed for the next version.
Both nice to hear, or much appreciated, respectively.
I'm aware that Assault Rifles are a bit weak and less fun than other builds at the moment. I'll be looking into buffing them in some future patch (not the upcoming one though).
:o
Please buff them with feats instead of just making them stronger.  :P

As an add, going back to the original topic:

How about a feat that adds +X to the quality of your components when crafting.