Author Topic: catching hoppers  (Read 11051 times)

rogerdv

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
catching hoppers
« on: September 06, 2012, 03:36:54 pm »
First of all my congratulations to the team. Excellent work, as a developer myself I know how much  effert takes to bring a game to this state.
My question is about the cave hopper quest, I still cant figure out how to put them in the cages. I managed to trap one with a net, but no more. How can I do that?

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: catching hoppers
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 03:42:20 pm »
If I remember correctly after trapping one in a net you just need to use dog crates (cages?) on them. It's an item you can find or buy in your home base. So either buy them from the guy who handed you a quest or search for them on the floor he's in (there are five somewhere there). Also... isn't this explained by quest giver?

rogerdv

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 03:53:58 pm »
I received the quest and I couldnt got in the are because of a bug. Applied patch yesterday and now I can enter the cave again, but anyway the explanation wasnt too clear. How do I use the cage "on" the hopper?  I have tried right clicking it and nothing happens.

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 04:08:39 pm »
I don't remember if you need to move them to the shortcut list (on the bottom of the screen, use the yellow button between shortcuts and quick use slots) or you need to use them on quick slot bar (open inventory on the left side of it are two or three free round slots - move item there).

And then use the cages ;).

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 04:17:08 pm »
You can drag it do the action bar and left click it there or right click it in the inventory.

Tnoyce

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 12:00:08 am »
Yeah, it took me a couple tries to figure out exactly what I needed to do there too.

I was able to trap them with the net, but didn't realize I had to 'use' the cages. I tried throwing them, and leaving them on the ground -- neither worke.

Once I figured it out, it was logical.  The new changes should be a big help in making it clear how this works.

Stende74

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 01:26:56 pm »
I am stuck in combat mode after I have catched a hopper with my net. And therefore I am not able to use the dog cage.

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 03:13:57 pm »
You are, it just uses most of your action points, around 45 maybe? So you just need to click the cage and tell to capture, it will move into the position of capture, if there are no action points left to capture, pass the turn and on the next you'll have your full action points to capture.

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2013, 06:00:12 pm »
You can also horribly exploit the turn based system to wait near a hole, and when a hopper comes out, switch to combat mode, and have all the (real) time in the world to catch it.
Stealthy chraracters can probably also sneak up on them.
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

Kaerius

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 01:51:51 pm »
Easiest way it to just kill the two Azuridae and stand at the hopper hole and catch them there, since that's where they retreat to. No stealth needed, just keep trying until you got enough.

The safer but trickier way is if you can stealth and catch two in the previous screen, and then stealth catch one without alerting the nearest Azuridae. Mind you this is a frustrating and time consuming endeavor.

Stende74

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2013, 07:26:18 pm »
Thank you guys for the tips.  :) Got the hoppers without any problems.