Author Topic: Pneumatic Hammer - Resist Chance?  (Read 2900 times)

bushwhacker2k

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Pneumatic Hammer - Resist Chance?
« on: July 09, 2014, 05:32:21 pm »
I believe the higher grade Pneumatic Hammers increase the damage boost and the energy cost...

So, if you wanted a Pneumatic Hammer purely for the incapacitating effect, would it be better to get a really low-tier one so it doesn't use much energy? Or do higher grade PH's have a higher chance of successfully incapacitating?

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Pneumatic Hammer - Resist Chance?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 05:35:32 pm »
No idea 8) , but I've had enemies on higher levels frequently resist the Kinetic Punch with low psi skill levels, so I'd be inclined to say yes.
That aside, seconded for "want to know"!  :D
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 06:46:13 am »
The incapacitation effect can be resisted and the chance is based on the attackers weapon vs target's fortitude. The quality of the pneumatic hammer doesn't go into it.

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 12:19:34 am »
As an add, I think higher levels also increase the Duration?

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 11:58:36 pm »
Well, I've seen one with a chance for 3 turns incapacitation.
I think the standard is 2?

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 07:37:00 am »
Well, I've seen one with a chance for 3 turns incapacitation.
I think the standard is 2?

Oh, yeah, it starts at 2 and then 1 additional turn for each 50 quality. Forgot about that.

The incapacitation effect can be resisted and the chance is based on the attackers weapon vs target's fortitude.

Really? :o Is this true for all sources of incapacitation?

I don't think I've ever seen them get resisted either way, though it's not something I've paid much attention to. I guess I often play with high weapon skills and low fortitude.

Most, if not all, such effects can be resisted. The way and the difficulty of the resist method (resolve/fortitude/something else) varies from case to case and is determined from the way the effect is applied (physical trauma, mental trauma, etc) rather than the type of effect that is applied.

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 07:51:23 pm »
So, is the chance to resist based on the hammers quality?
Or is it the damage dealt?
Or static?
And if it's number 2, only the damage percentage of the hammer or the total?

Theoretically, you could hit twice with bladed gloves (or any other, or without them), then switch to pneumatic, combo hit, 2 more hits, and open the next round with a heavy punch, that is also a combo attack and activates the pneumatic hammer. Not sure if that even stacks.