Author Topic: just generally stuck: where are the ventilation shafts?  (Read 5228 times)

screeg

• Zoner
    • View Profile
just generally stuck: where are the ventilation shafts?
« on: September 05, 2012, 12:52:00 am »
So I've explored the lower levels and the upper levels, killed every enemy I've met and found lots of secrets (very high Perception, very high pick locks).  But what am I missing?  I haven't gotten any quests from the lesser NPCs (because I have no personality skills?).  I have a crowbar but can't find any ventilation shafts to use it on.  When I equip and 'use' it, I only get an x cursor wherever I go.

I found the generator but not the flux thingy to fix it.

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: just generally stuck: where are the ventilation shafts?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 05:25:44 am »
SPOILERS!
Did you met the boss in the Cantina&Commons level? If yes then did you finish the shooting gallery (near Gorsky or whatever his name was...)?
Some side quests are unlocked if you talked with man in the medical and swallowed the pill (like the bonus quest for cryo ability which forces you to hunt rathounds in specific way).
Which quests have you already done? Or none at all?

Also crowbar only works on some ventillation shafts, so don't worry it'll be useful later.
Flux generator you can get from guy in engineering, provided that you finished the other quests before...

screeg

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 10:00:20 pm »
Tried to do the shooting gallery, but Gorsky doesn't acknowledge that I've done it (glitch).  I started on the deliver-the-package quest, killed the bandits, then couldn't find the GMS warehouse..?

Thanks for the tips!

Kaerius

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 11:37:54 pm »
Tried to do the shooting gallery, but Gorsky doesn't acknowledge that I've done it (glitch).  I started on the deliver-the-package quest, killed the bandits, then couldn't find the GMS warehouse..?

Thanks for the tips!
Shooting gallery: after getting 10 hits on the target - end session on the console, then Gorsky will acknowledge it. He did ask you to turn it off when you were done you know!

GMS warehouse: after going to floor 1, exit topright, exit ropright, exit topleft, and it's at the top.

screeg

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 12:12:37 pm »
Thanks much!  I thought Gorsky's quest was to take 10 shots, not to get 10 hits...

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 12:48:02 pm »
Yeah, it's kinda badly worded, but it's still a demo so WIP ;). I read that it's getting changed. Also like Kaerius said - remember to END the session on console. Otherwise it won't actualize the quest. btw it doesn't matter on what distance you're shooting, so... closest distance=least ammo lost=easiest.