Author Topic: Map  (Read 2454 times)

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
Map
« on: June 07, 2014, 09:40:15 pm »
Well, I finish this playtrough before game in current version ended, and for one reason - at some point past Rail Crossing, game start to really tired me, becouse there was no map, and TOO much levels with 2 or even 3-4 exits.
If there will be no map in the future, I can guarantee that 95% of players get tired at point of Foundry\Camp Houtorn.

Should it be a pure GUI solution, or be it some kind of device, that player can buy for large amount of charons (it's even better) - it's up to the developer, but we need something like this.

Mac Orion

• Developer
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Map
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 08:15:24 pm »
I scribbled me some map of the new areas today, well even for us it gets hard, and we have maps on paper. So maps will be implemented.
So, yes.
When? I don't know, later perhaps. In the upcoming update for sure not, we are busy with content at the moment.

Once the new update is out I'll show you my ad-hoc maps :p with special coffee splatters texture !
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 08:19:46 pm by Mac Orion »

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 08:54:41 pm »
Oh that would be really nice. It's about one of the things I've been really wanting added to this game. Not really a map of the area but rather a map of the tunnel connections and which passages lead where.

bushwhacker2k

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 09:37:39 pm »
It would be pretty cool to find some old paper maps/plans of the Underrail. Having an old map that shows the tunnels in their pristine state, you'd have to figure out which tunnels have collapsed or otherwise changed.

Oh, that'd be awesome! :D

Tomasp3n

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 09:53:31 am »
I created an account just to suggest the same thing. I don't want a mini map, the areas are small enough that you can get a decent overwiev by just scrolling around, but a grid type map where the different sections just have generic names like cave 1, cave 2 etc. would be perfect. While I can agree with the "damn, did I end up here???" moments, I just don't think they make up for the fact that I spend alot of time retracing my steps because I ended up in the wrong place.