Author Topic: food and Hunger  (Read 2014 times)

jinshiroi

• Noob
    • View Profile
food and Hunger
« on: May 07, 2014, 06:48:19 am »
I got Underrail a few days ago and I have been enjoying it.

I have a couple of suggestions.

It would really be awesome if there was some sort of Hunger/Thirst/Sleepiness system. Eating food would still give the usuall buffs, but it also satiates your hunger. Different drinks would do different stuff, like a caffenated drink will increase your AP by a little, like a mini adrenaline boost. Sleep deprivation would affect your accuracy. The problem I see with my suggestion is that it can be a little bit tedious for players to keep track of, but I think would add something.

Good game so far. I cant wait to see the final product.

Ivan Bajlo

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: food and Hunger
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 02:58:12 pm »
That would get very boring very fast... it makes sense in a game like Wasteland where you need to locate things walking through desert otherwise you cold walk around forever.

In Underrail we have functioning economy and communication network by train or boat so walking around is primarily extra fun which is already severely limited by weight you can carry and what merchants are buying.

Although sleeping would be nice cheap way to refill your health and psi powers, we could add renting a room to sleep option to bars.

bushwhacker2k

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: food and Hunger
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 04:03:26 pm »
I like the idea of Hunger&Thirst in games, but since Underrail seems to function as a relatively linear game (in that there's a significant gap between each level and a level can cause a huge spike in power, so areas need to be balanced for specific levels) I don't think it's very viable for it.