Author Topic: Dev Log #30: Version 0.1.11.0 released  (Read 16376 times)

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Dev Log #30: Version 0.1.11.0 released
« on: April 16, 2014, 07:04:57 am »
The new version is here. It took a bit longer to release than planned, but I think you guys will be pleased with the amount of content added. The game now features two more urban areas (one major and one minor) and lot more Lower Underrail and cave areas. We also reworked some of the starting quests to make the early difficulty curve smoother. For the full list of changes see the text below as well as two previous dev logs.

We will initially be releasing the new update only on Steam until the version stabilizes (we fix any glaring issues you guys find that we missed) after which we'll deploy it to other platforms as well. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this might cause to some, but it's just way too much overhead to deploy hotfixes on multiple platforms.
Aside from new areas and quests, we also added the following since the last dev log:
  • Items
    • Added new metal type for crafting
    • Added taser blueprint so electronics experts can protect themselves from hooligans and stalkers
  • Tweaks
    • Throwing nets made more useful now (no longer completely ineffective against opponents with decent or higher strength).
    • Carrier vests made more common as loot/merchandise.
    • Reduced the damage scaling of bilocation, neural overload, cryokinesis and electrokinesis. These abilities should be roughly the same power early game as they were before, but the idea is to prevent them from scaling out of control mid-late game. Also keep in mind that with all the buffs to psi-related feats they might end up even stronger than the last patch so further balancing might be required.
    • Completely most quests in oddity mode now grants some (usually small: 1-3) amount of XP. This should make completing quests feel more rewarding (especially those quests that don't involve exploration) without significantly affecting the XP balance in this mode.
  • Interface
    • Improved item management mechanics by adding sort button to containers and "transfer all" button to player inventory that can be used to transfer all the items to the currently opened container.
  • Bugs
    • Fixed the bug with certain secret monoliths not recognizing character's psi empathy
    • Increased the bear trap triggering radius so characters cannot pass in between two adjacent traps

We put a lot of effort in improving the narrative, quest hub area quality and game world cohesion, which I believe were up to this point the weaker aspects of the game. I hope you guys enjoy the update. Let us know what you think.

mebahell

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Dev Log #30: Version 0.1.11.0 released
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 02:00:53 pm »
I think that waiting for the game to be complete is torture (I want to wait the final version before playing again) so you must provide us with a time machine or a cryo capsule to skip the wait, and I still think that its one of the most beautiful games I've ever seen ;)

Sakuragi

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 02:04:46 pm »

• Reduced the damage scaling of bilocation, neural overload, cryokinesis and electrokinesis. These abilities should be roughly the same power early game as they were before, but the idea is to prevent them from scaling out of control mid-late game. Also keep in mind that with all the buffs to psi-related feats they might end up even stronger than the last patch so further balancing might be
Thats good as someone who has been playing strictly thought control and psycokinesis.  Neural overload can do 400 plus damage on a crit when spec and prepared, electrokinesis is my main psy spell every turn. But i will have to play to have an idea on the new feats first.

Ill wait for the next update though. Ty for the patches and updates.

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 02:13:12 pm »
I'll have to give this one a try then since the economy changes seems to be getting better (although not perfect yet in my honest opinion).

I hope there is or there will be soon a toggleable option to just get merchants to buy everything like before... The weight limits are a pain in the ass but I can live with going back and forth even if it breaks the pace. The merchants were the killing blow for me in the last patch.

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 02:27:01 pm »
I'm on the fence on this one right now too tbh. The last few updates have been good and all content wise and few interesting mechanics such as shields added a lot to the game. But I really couldn't get past the frustration of the economy, I really didn't enjoy the last updates, it was like someone poking your sides constantly through the whole experience, I envy the players who enjoy the game in its current state because I loved the lore, the combat, exploration etc. but I'm sorry to say that I might as well skip it until release.

DMonin

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 03:39:41 pm »
 :o AWESOME!

Thanks! Now I know what I will do on next weekend!

Thank you guys!

Не реально круто!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 03:43:05 pm by DMonin »
Richard Moreau, Vault 8

Prophet

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 06:07:28 pm »
Thanks for the update, the new stuff looks very promising ;)
I may have found a little bug with the economy system: sometimes in trade window it says, for example: "I'm currently looking to buy 2 leather armors and 2 <missing>." I guess that's one of the new categories in this update (couldn't figure out which one that exactly is, though).

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 06:16:19 pm »
Well, tried it out, did the first quest and cleared out the posts... The results were better than before, but still highly disapointing.

I was left with 11 animal organs to sell, 3 guns to sell, 1 leather and a few other bits that no one buys at all! To me this is still at a point where I can't really play it. Just give us an option to make merchants buy everything Styg. I really want to like this game (and to an extent I do) but this economy is making it really hard.

Also I noticed something that it's either a bug or a change, I am not sure which so I'm not reporting it as a bug yet... When leveling up, no longer you recover all your health and/or psi.

fakum12

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 06:26:22 pm »
We will initially be releasing the new update only on Steam
So how long do the others (like me) have to wait?

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 06:32:36 pm »
Thanks for the update, the new stuff looks very promising ;)
I may have found a little bug with the economy system: sometimes in trade window it says, for example: "I'm currently looking to buy 2 leather armors and 2 <missing>." I guess that's one of the new categories in this update (couldn't figure out which one that exactly is, though).

It's balaclava I think. Fixed it.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 06:35:01 pm »
We will initially be releasing the new update only on Steam
So how long do the others (like me) have to wait?

I'll probably wait until Tuesday/Wednesday and then send the latest version to the other distributors, though it might take them some time after that to upload it.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2014, 06:35:59 pm »
When leveling up, no longer you recover all your health and/or psi.

It never did.

fakum12

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 08:46:45 pm »
I'll probably wait until Tuesday/Wednesday and then send the latest version to the other distributors

:(

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2014, 02:29:06 am »

It never did.

I remember 2 versions back it used to though perhaps it was a bug back then? I clearly remember it saving my life on the GMS burrower hive as I was severely poisoned but it was almost finished running the course, I killed an enemy, got all my life back and survived thanks to that... Can't say I regained my full psi too at the time, can't remember it anymore but I have the impression I used too as well... Anyway if it's intentional not to recover life and psi with a level up then disreguard it.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2014, 05:48:11 am »

It never did.

I remember 2 versions back it used to though perhaps it was a bug back then? I clearly remember it saving my life on the GMS burrower hive as I was severely poisoned but it was almost finished running the course, I killed an enemy, got all my life back and survived thanks to that... Can't say I regained my full psi too at the time, can't remember it anymore but I have the impression I used too as well... Anyway if it's intentional not to recover life and psi with a level up then disreguard it.

No, it really never did. When you level up you carry over the your current health percentage which effectively results in increasing your current flat health after you level up (because you have more max health), but it certainly didn't refill your health/psi.