Author Topic: Bunch of suggestion after playtrough 0.1.10.0  (Read 5816 times)

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Bunch of suggestion after playtrough.
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2014, 05:42:18 pm »
True but usually every character gets a little bit into some type of crafting or another so taking a maxed chemistry doesn't really really hurts that much.

Also no, you don't need 3 maxed characteristics, you need a high perception and somewhat high str if you want to be able to get the feat for extra shots on burst fire. You don't need a high int nor a high agi or dex.

As for the grenade damage. I dunno, unless they somehow heavly modified the enemies, the mk5 was always 1shot kill on everything other than the depot A mutants, the spiting acid ones. Even those when they survived it was on a sliver of health... Everything else no matter what it was took huge amounts of damage as it should.

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2014, 12:18:54 am »
Possibly. I've told before that the new requirements were ridiculous because I feared that without at very least mk4 grenades it woul be incredibly hard for a gunner to actually be able to deal with depot A. At very least something that almost guarantees a kill on the dogs is required and as far as i recall, mk4 grenades were that, they would either kill or leave them on a sliver of health... It's not really psionics that are too good, it's more like anything not psionics has a lack of utillity.

As for the crafting... I dunno where you will be when you reach the end of the current content, level wise. But with int at 5 which normal, a level 11 or 12 character should craft mk5.

Zephyros

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2014, 07:23:05 am »
Personally, I have only played Psi-based characters from start to (the current) finish because they seem very strong. I maxed both Will and Intelligence and max all Psi skills + Mechanics/Electronics/Tailoring for crafting, and intermittently put points in Lockpick/Hacking and the other two crafting skills. In combat, my character has access to AoE CCs as well as the ability to chain stuns/fears/disables on single/few targets, and most enemies die to a single crit from Neural overload, empowered by Mental Breakdown (which can be cast as an AoE, with Locus.) I imagine that the new buff to Telekinetic Punch + Opportunistic attack + the shatter effect from Cryogenic Induction will result in a similar outcome. All this is possible with moderate int to craft a crit chance/crit damage Thought Control headband (or the money/time to buy one.)

As I haven't really played many other types of characters to suitable depth I cannot comment on how it compares but a psi/int-based character is incredibly fun and rewarding.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 11:22:21 am by Zephyros »

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2014, 11:58:17 am »
But I thought tha Opportunist doesn't work with Psi, or does it?

Aria

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2014, 04:33:41 pm »
Sounds like the OP needs a insane level added to game difficulty?  ;)

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2014, 08:08:12 am »
But I thought tha Opportunist doesn't work with Psi, or does it?

It doesn't.