Author Topic: Concerning skills and crafting  (Read 7350 times)

LazyMonk

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Concerning skills and crafting
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2014, 04:51:35 pm »
Not even Thief?
Utility Belt
"The most important tool in fighting crime."

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2014, 04:58:12 pm »
Again the system doesn't force you to backtrack, it's an option for those who wants to get even more of the type of ingredients they would get anyways.

I'm pretty open to changes in franchises, my all time favourite game is Fallout New Vegas and that would never have been made wasn't it for Fallout 3. I really like Skyrim too, it's doesn't have that feeling Morrowind had but it's an amazing adventure game, probably the best one I've played in recent years. Also Elhaz, if the melee is the reason you can't play TES, then you're seriously missing out on something. Especially Morrowind and Skyrim, which both works great in third person (morrowind needs a bit of modding to get right). Oblivion isn't all too great.

Monk: I didn't really intend to suggest the alchemy system specifically for Underrail but wanted to point out how open the system is as a whole and who knows it might spark some changes to the way crafting works right now though I doubt it. I'm just overly fascinated by game mechanics, I can analyze and discuss those for days. :P
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 05:00:34 pm by Eliasfrost »

LazyMonk

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2014, 05:41:06 pm »
Oh okay, well alchemy is pretty cool when done right, and if it wasn't for the lack of stat ceiling it would have been perfect in morrowind.
Still its pretty good if you control yourself  :D
Utility Belt
"The most important tool in fighting crime."

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2014, 05:48:40 pm »
Actually... I do belive you have some gold there epili. If you could craft parts which would be of your skill level out of the scraps you find. That would mean breaking down items into scraps so you could produce parts out of them at your specific level would be a very viable form to actually recicle items of lower value and in the current economy system it would be very welcome indeed.