Author Topic: Crafting System, Drops and Vendors  (Read 4593 times)

VaeliusNoctu

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Crafting System, Drops and Vendors
« on: December 07, 2013, 12:09:45 am »
Hello,

i like the Game and Play a lot. But i found one annoing Feature.

Crafting:

Biology was very fine you can found and get enough stuff to craft fine.

All the other Stuff was realy Bad Balanced. You found, drop, can buy realy rare good stuff for crafting. You can Play the hole Game and found not all Components to simply craft a Sniper Rifle or Armor and if you found the Qualitiy Level is to low or its the wrong Frame etc...

My Suggestion was:

- Add Special Vendors only sells Crafting Stuff
- Remove (depends on Player Level) low Quality Items in Shops and Drops, loots too if possible
- Add the Ability higher the Quality Level of Components eventually with a Blueprint like product refinement. My Idea was product refinement let you Level Up the Quality Level of a Component with your Craft Skills and or Merge multiple Low Level Components to get a High Level one.
- Add the Feature Create Components with Ressources (dismantle Weapons, Armor and or Mining Stuff like ores)
- Add the Feature let the Player Mine for Ressources (ores,Diamonds, Crystals)
- Add the Feature to refine Ressources (like ores to copper, Copper to Copper ingolts etc...)

At the Moment Crafting was not useless but its near Impossible to get the Components Create some usefull. With much time invest in save and load, save and load in front of a Vendor maybe. But that ruins the Gameplay and Fun. I Test it a few minutes, but feel me like a cheater and have better things to do in my spare time then save and load to find a item i like.^^

And btw in the hole Game i didnt found any Lockpicking or Hacking target Needs more then skill value 60. Higher Skill Level Values was allways opened through Quests,keys, Cards i found or reachable through a Vent. Mayby random from game to Game?

Please Change the drop from locked loot. Ist not fair that i walk through the hole Map remember an old lvl 55 locked Chest and after wait the half Game to open it - i found one Scrap Metal, or nothing. -.-

Thats my Suggestion so far. I think i dont must suggest things like: Add more Quests, Maps, Enemys thats Standard.^^

EDIT:

I forgot one Important Thing. The World from Underrail Needs much more Plants like different mushrooms (mushroom Woods and Forests with multiple Roots from above, that would look kinda nice with different glowing mushrooms and dark roots from above Looks like large tentacles.)^^

And Munition Blueprints so i can make the Munition i Need. Such as Special Munition, you found only rare and few in Shops.

Blueprints for Bandages was nice too.

A Minnimap would be nice if possible.^^

And at last but not least a Balanced FARMING System so i can Farm the Ressouces i Need and dont must buy them per luck from Vendors.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 08:34:34 pm by VaeliusNoctu »

Barrelsoup Chef

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Gamer since 1997
    • View Profile
Re: Crafting System, Drops and Vendors
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 11:44:21 am »
I know I have said this before, but please no minimap, one of the magical things of this game is that it goes back to the hardcore game principles of old-school games. One of this principles is that the learn-curve can be pushed up by removing maps, compasses and tutorials: let the player figure out stuff them selfs. Most games today are too easy, Underrail isn't, I like it to stay this way.
Gameplay, that's the reason why I PLAY a GAME

VaeliusNoctu

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 02:43:37 am »
Hmmm oh yes, so a Long list of suggestions an you only see the dark sight. ^^
Btw. i have another Suggestion. A Player House/Fortress you can Upgrade from time to time, would be cool.^^ And  Mount and or Pet.

VaeliusNoctu

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 12:06:37 am »
As far as mining, farming, refining, player housing, mounts, pets and such things go... well, more world interactivity is always a good thing, but keep in mind that Underrail isn't trying to be something like a modern (MMO)RPG or minecraft.

Maybe not, but I think it would be cool with these features.^^

Clawdius_Talonious

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 07:06:01 am »
I'd really love to see a way to make a material higher quality, crafting is so reliant on the quality of the materials you have that it's somewhat frustrating to not be able to acquire higher quality goods to use to make really good items. Maybe top of the line goods could be machined from Charons, trade 999 charons and 1998 SGS credits for a top of the line crafting material of your choice. Or even potentially have a skill check, so the goods you acquired would be close to the best you could use at the time so a crafter with 70 skill in mechanical crafting would receive a 70 Hawker frame (what can I say, I want to see what a top of the line Hawker would look like)

Ideally this would come with the option to pay an obscene amount of money in both Charons and SGS credits to have the boys in Engineering produce extraordinary gear that could only be acquired that way. I've been wanting to use Charons to make materials directly since I first bought the game and read their description, it makes me sad that they're so valuable because they're made of super steel and I can't melt them down and craft with them.

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 02:52:51 pm »
Quite frankly I fail to see to the point in higher level materials, at least the way the game is right now.

Low level materials make rubish stuff which is hardly worth using.

High level materials can't be used cause you don't have the required skills to use it.

Materials that are at the level you can craft are very likely to create stuff that is inferior to what is on sale on the shop (and if it's superior it's because you are just finishing the area and ready to move to a new one with much better items on the store.

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 12:37:08 am »
Well I am assuming that crafting hasn't majorly changed in this last update, the major thing being explosives. So if things are at the level that they were before then I'm sorry but no. I've said it countless times and I'll keep saying it. Based on my experience you can only craft inferior stuff. By the time you are able to craft something as good or maybe just slightly better than the are you're in, you've just finished that area and the new area you will move to will have much better stuff than what you can craft. This has been one of my major gripe with the crafting system.