Author Topic: Question about Security Bots!  (Read 1772 times)

ABundleofRibbons

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Question about Security Bots!
« on: December 01, 2013, 08:06:32 pm »
So I've gotten Underrail recently, and I'm getting super into it (even though I'm not ACTUALLY that far into the game itself,) but I've been trying to face-off with these security bots (I think there's only two?) in GMS station*. Since all I have is my crossbow and psi powers, and there's a convenient pair of mindshrooms nearby with which I can regen some psi from, I thought I'd do the clever (and/or pragmatic thing) and do hit-and-run attacks with the psi fireball thing. It never occurred to me though, that they can regenerate!

So I suppose the question is, do they regenerate? And if so, does anybody have any suggestions for taking them out, now that I can't attack, then hide?

*(whoops, GMS COMPOUND I meant to say)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 08:09:41 pm by ABundleofRibbons »

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Security Bots!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 08:20:06 pm »
They should not regenerate, if they do then it's a bug. Will check it out tomorrow, maybe they regenerate when over 90% like living creatures. :/

You can use shock bolts to deal decent damage to them and stun them as well. If you have electrokinesis that will work well too.

ABundleofRibbons

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Security Bots!
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 08:27:46 pm »
I've managed to kill one in one fight, by starting the encounter out of its range, so that it will shoot but not stun me, and just shooting a bunch of regular bolts, as I haven't found the means to make electric bolts (or where to purchase them quite yet).

But I could be wrong, but when I was doing my hit-and-run, I'd fire a pyrokinesis shot at them, run and hide, and then refill at the shrooms. Next time I saw them (assuming it's the same one on the same patrol) they had max health, so I didn't have the means to whittle them down as I had initially planned.

EDIT: Actually, I've spotted one that's at half health, but I think that was from an earlier encounter where I threw the one grenade I'd found, and my fireball, but I can't say for sure whether or not he was the victim of my other plot.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 08:35:40 pm by ABundleofRibbons »