Author Topic: Quest markers?  (Read 2912 times)

Aria

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Quest markers?
« on: November 21, 2013, 06:52:20 pm »
I know we will not have a in game map but if we do get the compass (crosses fingers), would it be possible also to have small colored arrows that would show us our current objectives direction on the compass?
Or you could have them perhaps in a small quest window next to quest objective, that would have the arrows rotate as needed to show the direction? Or they could simply be placed on the edge of the computer screen ...they would have a toggle of course? :)

Barrelsoup Chef

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Gamer since 1997
    • View Profile
Re: Quest markers?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 12:48:17 pm »
I don't really like the idea of the game helping me where to go with a map/compass etc. It should be a challenge to find things
Gameplay, that's the reason why I PLAY a GAME

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 01:11:03 pm »
No quest markers, pointers or other type of quest-driven navigation will be added, sorry. While those features might have a place in some games (though I personally dislike the idea in general), I think it would take away a lot from the game. As Banggunner suggested, navigating the world is one of the challenges of the game.

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 01:46:35 pm »
Instead of quest-markers, I think it would be a helpful feature to be able to recite the quest dialogue, or flesh out quest log entries. I don't remember which game it was but it had a feature where you could re-read the dialogue (with the choices you picked) and it was very helpful without really holding the player's hand. I mean why wouldn't an agent have recording devices if he's entrusted to uncover fragile information?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 01:50:36 pm by nackidno »

Ysobel

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 01:01:54 am »
I totally agree, there is no need here for quests markers. I really don't like all this guided games where you don't have to search for anything by yourself, where you just need to follow the arrows...
And I also think the notes should be more complete and be updated when you find more informations.
English isn't my native language so sometimes I don't understand everything a NPC tells me about the location of something/someone... And then it's too late and I have to search on the wiki because. Sometimes you can also just quit the game and when you want to continue you don't remember exactly what X or Y told you and...
:D

Aria

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 08:12:59 pm »
Sorry I was unclear on my description I do not want the game to hand hold me to each quest, all I was looking for was a direction since traditional (N, S, E, W) would not really work with the way the games areas are laid out.

Perhaps as was mentioned above however, more descriptive quest instructions with a few more clues on their locations ....some are fine others are completely devoid of location clues perhaps thats a oversight or working as intended?