Author Topic: Map eta?  (Read 4683 times)

Aria

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Map eta?
« on: October 25, 2013, 07:07:55 am »
I know there was mention of a in game map, I cannot find the thread and can't recall if there was a estimate on when it might be added?

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Map eta?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 11:09:19 am »
I know there was mention of a in game map, I cannot find the thread and can't recall if there was a estimate on when it might be added?

There's no ETA right now. I still haven't decided how I want to implement a world map or if I want to implement it at all.

Aria

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 12:31:56 am »
Oh darn I must have misread.... love the game so am sure you have your reasons for not wanting to add a map, if not a map then what about a compass? :)

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 10:26:38 am »
Oh darn I must have misread.... love the game so am sure you have your reasons for not wanting to add a map, if not a map then what about a compass? :)

Compass will be available in the next version. No more pondering which way north is. :)

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 05:40:59 pm »
I got a question about that:
With everyone living underground, and most people probably not terribly educated, how do most people have a concept of "north" anyways? ???
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

screeg

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 07:43:16 pm »
Since I have a terrible RL sense of direction, I tried to start mapping the game the old school way, on paper.  In Illustrator, I created a gird of blank diamond shapes to correspond to the isometric WTF-is-North?! layout, but unfortunately game level layout doesn't correspond everywhere to physical space.  In Junktown, for example, certain sectors would overlap.  Then basement levels and ducting also screwed up my model.

Aria

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 10:12:33 am »

Compass will be available in the next version. No more pondering which way north is. :)

Very good to hear your adding a compass!  :D

screeg

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2013, 08:05:25 pm »
screeg, care to post your map?
Naw, I started to fill in the details by hand.  Looks like crap.  You could check this out though.

Spambot

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 04:45:05 pm »
A map is a must!  Although its not hard to figure upper right is north I always thought a compass is needed.....