Author Topic: More hacking options  (Read 2591 times)

jimy

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
More hacking options
« on: August 30, 2012, 10:41:46 pm »
Yeah, I noticed that your hacking possibilities are very limited.
Although there is a lot of electronic and computers you can't actually do that much. (Except the one points where you could activate the auto turrets. :D That was cool.)
WARNING: Spoilers!!

For example the level with those uber strong sentry bots. I always failed because of those cameras noticing me so I first tried to hack them in the surveillance room but I could spam click everything including the shelfs and nothing happed. I was kinda disappointed but then I got the brilliant idea to just turn the power off.
But the power was locked. A hacking option would have been awesome at this point since this would encourage non-combat builds even more.

Of course it's just the alpha demo but I would really like to influence the enviroment even more. I noticed that there were power boxes but you couldn't reach them and I hope the next update will allow you to do it to cause panic and chaos. >:D

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: More hacking options
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 05:26:54 am »
Well you must understand that it's post apocalyptical game. As such there may be not a lot of working tech around (especially around some primitives). Yet I agree that more hacking options would be nice. It could be used to also bypass this electronical lock at the end of the game...

btw. with power generator it would be also nice if my PC could use mechanics to remove the power core entirely. Of course these are only examples... ah and disabling power boxes probably would put everybody in high alert, maybe even force you to fight whole area... so it may not be such a great idea :P

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: More hacking options
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 06:26:34 pm »
There will be more hacking options in the future for sure.

Also those power boxes that you mention are actually functional, so if you could reach one (which you can't in the demo) you could turn off power for an entire sector.