Author Topic: Transition Errors  (Read 3384 times)

Silverfish

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Transition Errors
« on: October 11, 2013, 01:13:35 am »
I'm getting transition errors while trying to move towards any of the eastern caverns of the Southern Gate community. Also scripted door opening sequences aren't opening either, such as the gambling hall or Blaine's location. Is there a quick fix or some files I need to extract to file a report?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 01:17:07 am by Silverfish »

Silverfish

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Transition Errors
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 09:46:16 pm »
So I restarted the game and the scripted door unlocks started working again in both the locations I mentioned. The transition errors persist though so I'll send over my save to Styg. Thanks for the help.

jagged-jim

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 06:13:32 pm »
Same error here. Started happening after around 15 hours.

From error files in save directory - always the same error.
System.Exception: Failed to load locale 'StationAlpha-Level3 - South Gate Station'. ---> System.IO.InvalidDataException: The magic number in GZip header is not correct. Make sure you are passing in a GZip stream.
   at System.IO.Compression.GZipDecoder.ReadHeader(InputBuffer input)
   at System.IO.Compression.Inflater.Decode()
   at System.IO.Compression.Inflater.Inflate(Byte[] bytes, Int32 offset, Int32 length)
   at System.IO.Compression.DeflateStream.Read(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   at System.IO.Compression.GZipStream.Read(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   at byw.DeserializeFromBinaryFileCompressed[T](String filePath, SerializationBinder binder, Boolean tryToRetrieveDataModelVersion)
   at a0e.a(String A_0)
   at ato.xu(ep A_0, Boolean A_1)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at b4d.LogAndThrow[T](Exception innerException, LogSeverity severity, String message, Object[] messageArgs)
   at b4d.a(Exception A_0, LogSeverity A_1, String A_2, Object[] A_3)
   at ato.xu(ep A_0, Boolean A_1)
   at a7e.ab8(Boolean A_0, Boolean A_1)
   at avz.wj(af8 A_0)
   at wv.c(af8 A_0)
   at a4j.a(af8 A_0)
   at a4j.b(af8 A_0)
   at a4j.cw(af8 A_0)
   at wv.e(af8 A_0)

Attached the save game. Loading and trying to go to "Commons and Cantina" results in Transition error.

Also Blaine's door wasn't opening (after dialog says "Unlocked") - but does so after restarting the game.

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 06:35:48 pm »
Did you happen to play for several hours at a stretch?
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

jagged-jim

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 03:04:59 pm »
Well yes, but not more than 3-4 hours.

Maybe the problem is with overwriting saves? Or maybe it's some wierd HDD issue. Or it's a unreliable zip library (GZipDecoder?) used to unzip the save.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 07:20:12 am »
It could have gotten corrupted if the process ran out of memory during compression. You can apply what epeli told you RPGCodex thread to StationAlpha-Level3 map, that will fix it, though there might be other maps that got corrupted.

jagged-jim

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 03:16:48 pm »
RAM issue very well might be responsible. I am playing on win7 32bit - so only 3GB RAM. Seems kind of harsch though. 2GB should probably be enough. I would not fix with priority though - if it's RAM, i will be fine playing on other machine.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 07:08:13 am »
RAM issue very well might be responsible. I am playing on win7 32bit - so only 3GB RAM. Seems kind of harsch though. 2GB should probably be enough. I would not fix with priority though - if it's RAM, i will be fine playing on other machine.

It's not the issue of your physical RAM, it's the app running out of its address space, so adding more RAM won't help. It's a complicated issue, so it'll have to wait until we get into the polish/optimize development phase.