Author Topic: crafting  (Read 4070 times)

nellone

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
crafting
« on: October 07, 2013, 03:13:49 pm »
What is the purpose of crafting? purchasable equipment is ever cheaper and more powerful. items that are convenient to do are only granades... Anyone of you did craft any caltrops? They are made from a quality based component, but calptrops have a fixed damage!  Even repair kits are too expansive to craft :-(

Please remove this quality based system and let players craft only with their skill, at least they could have a minimum skill requirement. Does anyone think this is a critical problem of the game? I think it is...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 03:44:43 pm by nellone »

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: crafting
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 05:06:00 pm »
I belive that yes, quallity should depend on skill, it would make the game a lot fairer but it's not the only problem with crafting.

Another thing I belive is that weapon modifications should not be crafting. Something like adding a scope to a rifle shouldn't really require any skill at all and it shouldn't be crafting dependable, it's just an attachement, add or remove whenever you want.

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 05:16:00 pm »
Honestly, I've yet to find a single spiked regenerative thungsten steel armor in the shop.
So crafting did me well, as of now.
Electric sledgehammers and good sniper rifles are also hard to come by.
But yeh, the skill points are scarce.
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

Kaerius

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 08:11:53 pm »
Yeah specialty armor can be tricky. But my current melee guy has found(looted) at least 3 electric sledgehammers and he's not even to the junkyard yet.

Savescum shop inventories long enough and you'll get anything, except maybe triple spiked(or triple reinforced) regenerative tungsten armor. Oh and grenades over type 2. :p

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 09:06:58 pm »
Right now there's not much difference between what's available through crafting and random generation, but...

Eventually, some item enhancements will only be available through crafting and not through the random item generator. Similarly, some components will be available in higher quality by themselves than those used when generating loot items and merchant inventories. And finally some items will only be available through crafting.

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 09:42:34 pm »
Well sound good Styg, but quite frankly, crafting still looks a lot more trouble than it actually is worth to be honest. It asks for skills way too high, it asks for multiple skills. It makes no sense that attachables are only available by crafting. I still think crafting needs a bit simplification and being more worth in general.

Lohengrin

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 10:50:29 pm »
Is there a plan to have the quality of crafted items be tied to skill level?

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 11:31:31 pm »
Is there a plan to have the quality of crafted items be tied to skill level?

It already is by limiting you in the quality of components you can use. But I'm guessing you meant if the skill will increase the quality of the crafted items directly. No, there are no plans to change the crafting system in any major way. The only thing I'm currently considering is allowing items to be reverse-engineered for parts.