Author Topic: All Problems i found  (Read 3127 times)

nellone

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
All Problems i found
« on: October 02, 2013, 08:41:42 pm »
I played  many hours and i reached lvl 14, i think I've finished the game even though I have not seen a true ending :|

I want to contribute to improve this wonderful game, so i write a list of major problems i found in order of importance:

1- The most irritating and toxic problem while i was playing is the waiting time! All frequent dead moments that i had to wait in many occasions rememered me the impressive loading times of my Amiga of the 90th age :)
While i progress in the game, Loading and Saving time is pregressively increasing his duration, and i hated very much the slow time rate of psi points regeneration and the acid decay time.
I really wanted a time switch for those times T_T
This thing was the only real problem that tempted me to quit before the end.
There are also many incomprensible loading times while an enemy dies.
Solved

2- In many cases in the combat mode, may happen that the route to the enemy is totally broken, or make the character stuck from making any melee actions.
This happens in various places, but one i can remember is in the map of siphoneers, near the southern mindshroom.
In this category i can place also some problems regarding the line of sight, often happens that monsters can see me, but i don't, near wall corners or doors.

3- In many cases, i wanted to walk instead of closing a door, attack instead of open a shaft, this is a true prespective problem, should help a shift click to force walk, or shift+alt to force attack.
There are not very much problems if a shift is removed from one alternative skill tooblar, there are already too much other alternative toolbars than needed!

4- I think is really unrealistic that while i am in stealth mode, enemies can stilll evade my attacks as i was in front of their eyes.... this makes melee attacks very less powerful than psi abilities (majority of them cannot be evaded or resisted)

5- One thing very irritating is that i cannot scroll the map in the bottom-left corner, in the chat box  the mouse scrolling is disabled.

6- When many effects occur an enemy reached from attacks, i can't read clearly the damage and it can be a bit confusing, i suggest to move those writings ( ie. "opportunistic attack" "critical damage" "stunned" "incapacitated" ecc.. ) on the bottom of enemy... or in someplace a little far from the damage.

7- while i fish, i'm loosing my eyes to catch the animation of the fishing pool, it's a bit frustrating, if only it make sounds while the fish took the bait, i could relax a bit my eyes and sometimes i can also close eyelids ^_^!

8- I wish to doubleclick items to transfer them in crafting window, exactly as it happens in the vendor window, and i cant understand because i cannot split items there.

9- There should be very comfotable if there are some shortcuts to switch weapon and use hypos, bandages or other boosts.

10- I have a character with 3 points of will, when i put points in persuasion i have a bonus given from merchantile sinergy, but in some case i have this bonus removed and i cannot understand the reason.
If i had a malus from low will, why i dont have it always?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 04:33:21 pm by nellone »

nellone

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: All Problems i found
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 12:10:46 pm »
I was playing with version  0.1.9.0, I'm happy to see that the problem with saving and loading time is solved  ;)

nellone

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 02:18:56 pm »
Not even a single comment, i wrote all this stuff in the wrong place? :\

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 02:49:36 pm »
It's a lot of stuff you wrote, it might take some time to read through it and give insightful answers to your concerns. It's only been two days after all, There's only so much one man can do. :)

Kaerius

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 05:52:57 pm »
I also think english is not a native language for you, and some of this is a bit difficult to read.

1) I don't have much of a problem with loading times.

2) Yeah pathing/line of sight can be buggy. Worst is getting acid-sludge rooted in doorways and attacked from diagonals where you can't attack back.

3) The extra toolbars were added on request because we needed them. But yes targeting can be tricky at times.

4) Agreed. Silly that they dodge attacks they can't see coming.

5) I never really noticed this.

6) I am not entirely sure I follow you, try to be clearer.

7) Yeah agreed here. In fact the clickable area could be increased as well, what is this, 90s pixelhunting point&click?

8) Couldn't hurt.

9) I forget if there's a shortcut for switching weapons... I'm pretty sure you can drag hypos, bandages, etc into the hotbar and use them from there via shortcut(this is also where multiple toolbars help). But the game could definitely use more shortcuts. (A personal pet peeve is no "take all" shortcut for looting).

nellone

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 04:35:31 pm »
I also think english is not a native language for you, and some of this is a bit difficult to read.

1) I don't have much of a problem with loading times.

2) Yeah pathing/line of sight can be buggy. Worst is getting acid-sludge rooted in doorways and attacked from diagonals where you can't attack back.

3) The extra toolbars were added on request because we needed them. But yes targeting can be tricky at times.

4) Agreed. Silly that they dodge attacks they can't see coming.

5) I never really noticed this.

6) I am not entirely sure I follow you, try to be clearer.

7) Yeah agreed here. In fact the clickable area could be increased as well, what is this, 90s pixelhunting point&click?

8) Couldn't hurt.

9) I forget if there's a shortcut for switching weapons... I'm pretty sure you can drag hypos, bandages, etc into the hotbar and use them from there via shortcut(this is also where multiple toolbars help). But the game could definitely use more shortcuts. (A personal pet peeve is no "take all" shortcut for looting).

Yes i'm sorry for my english, i've added some image and also added point 10, where i'm describing a problem with skillpoints