Author Topic: Minor Crafting Bug  (Read 1847 times)

Agitated

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Minor Crafting Bug
« on: October 01, 2013, 03:33:38 am »
Here you can see the bipod on the right and the retractor barrel on the left

Now reversed.

Retractor barrel on the left gives me a recipe for a rating of 86 Mechanics, switched around gives me a rating of 80 Mechanics. I do not know if it is intended, both slots add a value of 15% and these items are exactly the same. Check it out.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Minor Crafting Bug
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 01:15:02 pm »
Thanks for reporting this.

Epeli, your calculations are off, because you forgot that the blueprint must first take into account the base requirements of the optional component before adding difficulty modifier. E.g. the second calculation in your post should read: 62 + 6.2 = 68, working as intended.

But you were close to pinpointing the problem. It actually occurs when there are multiple optional components with diff mods and are placed in such way that the second component's base difficulty is higher than the total blueprint difficulty including the first optional components diff mod (in OP that's the barrel retractor with 70 mech requirement). This swallows up the bonus difficulty of the first component in the calculation leaving the calculation with only the second diff mod. When you place them the other way around this doesn't happen and hence the difference in requirements.

I hope I managed to clear it up. Anyway, it's fixed now.