Author Topic: Any special places where the Camera Jammer is really useful?  (Read 48 times)

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Any special places where the Camera Jammer is really useful?
« on: April 25, 2024, 09:47:17 pm »
What are all of the places where the Camera Jammer is useful? And I mean truly useful as in it lets you accomplish something that you couldn't do just by sneaking around.

From my experience trying to make something happen even with a very high Hack skill, it kinda doesn't do anything interesting. Maybe it helps a little if your character is very slow or something and can't just dodge camera cones. But that's about it.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Any special places where the Camera Jammer is really useful?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2024, 10:34:57 pm »
I imagine if you're sneaking through a hostile grey army base, it would help, especially at the magatzin gate if youre hacking it.  In Arke, you can't kill the cameras and the patrols are endless, so there as well.  I could see it helping in the nexus a bit, but I dont have a specific example. 

I think its one of those things where if you dont mind savescumming (or metagaming), you wont see the point.
*eurobeat intensifies*

yako

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Any special places where the Camera Jammer is really useful?
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2024, 10:50:02 pm »
I think it is easier to destroy cameras using any silent weapon and restealth or run away. Throwing knife can kill the one at the magatzin gate without any consequences (the nearest soldiers will just check the camera mount and return back).

The device would probably be far more useful if it also increased "camera ping" to make factions hostile only after the camera turns red and reports you.

In Arke, you can't kill the cameras

You can destroy them if you took Phreak's glove (energy siphon attack bypasses their resistances).
« Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 11:20:14 pm by yako »