Author Topic: Dev Log #21: Version 0.1.9.0 released; also Greenlit!  (Read 7368 times)

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Dev Log #21: Version 0.1.9.0 released; also Greenlit!
« on: August 31, 2013, 01:23:51 am »
The long overdue update is finally ready. Also, in other news the game got greenlit for Steam distribution!

Okay let's cover the update first. It's currently up on Desura and GamersGate (soon to be available on Groupees website as well). Here's the list of what I've done since the last dev log, also be sure to also check out the previous three dev logs for other stuff that's new in this version.

• Added TNT explosive charge that can be used to clear rocks. Many passages still don't lead anywhere even if you clear them just so you know though
  • Did bunch of AI work, enemies can now do the following
    • Use more special attacks: kneecap shot, pummel, crippling strike, execute, heavy punch, dirty kick
    • Use "yell" special ability
    • Use more drugs: adrenaline, morphine
    • Throw grenades: frag, HE and flashbang
    • Use more special bolts: acid, shock, incendiary
    • Use offensive and utility psi abilities
    • Kite their target (like psi beetles do)
Here's a summary of what I focused on in this update: I've added a bunch of areas to Lower Underrail (the place where the SGS metro station is). These are just "wilderness" areas right now so there are any new quests, but monsters to fight, traps to step, loot to collect and that sort of stuff. I also add a number of items and blueprints (gloves, riot armor) which should give you more options in building your character, as well as improved the arsenal and the AI of the existing enemies.

In the next couple of weeks I'll mostly focus on Steam integration and fixing some technical issues with the game before I move back to building content.

Which brings us to other topic of this dev log. So the game has finally been greenlit. It's been up there just two days short of a whole year which is longer than I've hoped, but shorter than I feared. I want to send out a sincere thank you to everyone who voted for the game and helped spread the word. With the Steam distribution secured, the future of the game is looking brighter than ever. :)

Anyway, to answer the questions that a lot of you have been asking me:

• I am aiming to release the game for Early Access on Steam. When exactly - I don't know. It depends on how long it will take me to integrate it and what the rest of release process is like. What I can say for sure is that this will be my priority in the coming weeks.
  • If you've purchased the game through Desura I would very much like to give you a Steam key as well, but I'm not 100% sure what the rule on this are and I'll have to consult both distributors involved before I can commit to anything. Please be patient and I'll let you guys know as soon as possible. Same goes for those that purchased the game through the Groupees bundle.

Sakuragi

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Dev Log #21: Version 0.1.9.0 released; also Greenlit!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 04:06:23 am »
Awesome patch. Will want to try a new melee fist character but i am still hesitating between this and the new electrokinesis/bilocation balance change. Since Thought control and psychokinesis type of character is the one that was the more interesting (personal feeling). Cannot wait for more psy skills/feats/armor  for Thought Control and Psychokinesis

Edit. Oh yeah congratulation for the greenlit. Hmm anyway i think it should be OK because i am also following Kenshi which i bought on Desura and then it got greenlit. I could use the  code from desura and input on steam. Dunno what the dev did though.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 06:47:41 am by Sakuragi »

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 09:37:08 am »
This is just amazing, downloading the new version right now! And also, congratulations on the Greenlight again, I'm so happy for you and this project Styg, it really deserved to be greenlit.

On the enemy AI, that sounds really promising, I noticed before that the enemies felt kinda stiff but this will certainly add a new kind of depth to combat which is very much welcomed. Can't wait to make a fist fighter with riot armor, this is going to be glorious.

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 11:46:46 am »
Hells yeah! The game gets really fleshed out and I love it! There will be some playing to do I guess :P, getting used to changes and stuff, but armored Juggernaut with a hammer starts looking even more interesting. And grenades. Can't forget about these.

And congrats for Greenliting! For me it's a whatever if I'll get the game on Desura or Steam, but I do understand of the appeal of getting into spotlight :). So keep up the good work and show them people how proper turn based RPG looks like! :D

joejoefine

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 08:35:45 pm »
Hurray its ready :)

I'm scared to fight the new enemies, but I guess I'll manage.  This time I'm finally going to try a character who can *make* things. What sorts of things I'm still not sure about

pelvisvesel

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 08:48:46 pm »
Is there any way for the people that bought the game from GamersGate, to get Steam codes or some way to get access to later builds ?

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 09:41:19 pm »
Is there any way for the people that bought the game from GamersGate, to get Steam codes or some way to get access to later builds ?

I have no idea about Steam codes, we'll see when Steam release is ready. As for the new version, just redownload the game from GG, it's updated at the same time as Desura.

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2013, 03:19:52 pm »
That looks nifty. Just nifty.
But I did a Fist character last time I played, so I think I'll try the PSI-Headbands announced a few updates back.
Yes, I haven't been playing for that long. Can you see the withdrawal symptoms?
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

Sakuragi

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 05:22:52 am »
That looks nifty. Just nifty.
But I did a Fist character last time I played, so I think I'll try the PSI-Headbands announced a few updates back.
Yes, I haven't been playing for that long. Can you see the withdrawal symptoms?

Just saw a psi headbands. It is pretty sweet for us psi users.

10 psycokinesis
7 % crit chance
40 % crit damage multiplier
-25% dodge rating