Author Topic: Alternative captcha option...  (Read 4194 times)

Aria

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Alternative captcha option...
« on: October 19, 2013, 09:07:58 pm »
I understand you need to keep bots off the site...however this particular form of spam protection is very hard on the eyes and difficult (for me anyway) to understand. Had a thought however recently visited a site and rather then this type of captcha they had a picture format.

How that worked was you were presented with a few small pictures (cat, dog, bird) etc and asked to select one based on the hint given ie "please click on picture of the dog",  was very easy on the eyes and did not make posting feel like such a painful process?

Anyway love the game and hope to become a regular poster on the forums eventually! :)

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative captcha option...
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 11:33:01 pm »
The captcha stuff will go away after few posts ;). There was time when the forum was assaulted by spambots and this was the only thing that stopped them. So don't worry you won't have to deal with these all the time!

Aria

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 04:40:48 pm »
You mean once my post count is higher I will no longer have to do the captcha?

Heres to hoping it does not take too many posts to remove it then....

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 10:13:36 pm »
I've lowered the most threshold to 1 now (was 3 previously). I might look into easing/changing the anti-spam security when I get the time.

Aria

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 06:52:58 am »
I've lowered the most threshold to 1 now (was 3 previously). I might look into easing/changing the anti-spam security when I get the time.

Well 3 posts is not bad, but very nice to read you may consider a new type of deterrent for spam in the future! :)