Author Topic: General Feedback  (Read 1860 times)

htzone

• Noob
    • View Profile
General Feedback
« on: August 27, 2012, 05:44:21 pm »
I finished my play through of the demo on the weekend and thought I'd share some of my thoughts on it. Overall I was enthralled and pleased with the challenge this game presented.

- Firstly, a small bug I noticed: in the area where some raiders have a civilian hostage, there is a security room in the upper left where you can turn the turrets on and off. When I toggled this setting the text always said "the turrets are now on".

- This is not really a bug, but further to the above, when I got caught with the turret on (raiders were dead already) I was forced into combat mode, but essentially became trapped since I could not disable the turret through the security room while in combat mode, or use the stairs, or the elevator. This mean the only "way out" was to kill the turret which wasn't really possible for my character. So it would be nice to at least be able to use the security system at an AP cost or something or at least be able to run up the stairs or use the elevator.

- There definitely needs to be a way to sort the inventory in global view; maybe just add categorical dividers when required? For example, the title "Weapons", then a horizontal line, weapon items below that, then "Armor", line, etc...

- The music is GREAT and I beg you not to remove it in the full release.

- I like the simple art style and it suits the game.

- I think a fast travel feature would end up being essential in this game. A map system would also be nice; as others suggested even if this is done just by way of discovering items that grant you an area map that would be fine.

- The combat was very challenging and strategic; I really enjoyed running through a few situations over and over again trying to find the right approach and get the right amount of luck.

- I would suggest that the flash bang daze people for two turns, otherwise it isn't really worth using.

- Sometimes when I clicked on some of the abilities at the bottom of the screen they didn't trigger and eventually I really had to make sure that they were being activated.

- Personally I would prefer it if the attack/item/movement action points came out of the same pool rather than movement/everything else but that may just be a matter of taste.

In my mind's eye these are all relatively minor issues though; I had a lot of fun in my play through and will be keeping a close eye on this project to see when I can throw money at it!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 05:46:00 pm by htzone »