Author Topic: Combat mode, stealth, and Snipe feat  (Read 3449 times)

neonesis

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Combat mode, stealth, and Snipe feat
« on: August 27, 2012, 11:55:03 am »
As the title says - if you turn on stealth, then engage combat mode, you cannot use the Snipe feat. Which is incredibly tedious, because aiming with it takes so much time, many creatures dissappear somewhere in darkness while you're pressing F, choosing, and then trying to catch it with the cursor. And then the aiming timer.

Bug, or working as intended?

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Combat mode, stealth, and Snipe feat
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 12:12:14 pm »
Actually the bug it seems is that for certain high caliber snipers the AP cost of the snipe attack is greater than 50. Are you using 12.7mm one?

I'll be sure to fix this.

Or your AP are lowered by something, such as wearing an armor you don't have enough strength for.

neonesis

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 01:09:25 pm »
Actually the bug it seems is that for certain high caliber snipers the AP cost of the snipe attack is greater than 50. Are you using 12.7mm one?

I'll be sure to fix this.

Or your AP are lowered by something, such as wearing an armor you don't have enough strength for.
I used the 8.6 mm one (haven't seen 12.7 mm sniper rifle at all in demo). But yeah, I remember AP cost being 55, just didn't think it was the cause of a problem ;>

a1s

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 09:46:07 pm »
There needs to be a system of doing long actions "in combat". Basically, what should happen is that if you have less AP then an action takes, you get less AP next turn (including, possibly, no AP if it's something that takes over 4 seconds). This would also allow you to do complex actions (like picking a lock) under fire. The only problem is that the action should, by right, be resolved after you get that AP, which could be somewhat problematic if we're talking about shooting someone, and downright bug-like if you want to hit them in melee. Perhaps you get to chose if you want to continue doing the action during of the next turn?