Author Topic: .44 gun problem  (Read 2625 times)

ash

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
.44 gun problem
« on: May 25, 2013, 07:41:04 am »
After I bought the .44 gun in the Junkyard and went to the area, where I had to give the quest disc to Eddy, I failed to save the game. When I put the .44 gun to the inventory, I managed to save the game, but when I loaded it, I saw nothing but the interface and the black screen behind it. All the sounds and menus worked. All I have bought the last time, disappeared and what I sold - was back in the inventory. And instead of the new .44 gun there was my old 7.62 gun in the hand slot. I tried to discharge it and the game crashed. After I run the game once again, I found all the save games to be the same.
(I can describe the problem more detaily, if needed. Besides, I sent an email to admin@underrail.com. I can also send the save files, but they are about 40mb, so I failed to send them by email)
Here is the crash log:

Code: [Select]
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: target
   at bec.afv(Object A_0)
   at ajn.wq(a33 A_0)
   at bfu.c(Object A_0, bh3 A_1)
   at aas.c(Object A_0, bh3 A_1)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at ahn.b(bhg A_0, bdy A_1, mu A_2)
   at ahn.un(bhg A_0)
   at gj.un(bhg A_0)
   at bga.un(bhg A_0)
   at ahn.un(bhg A_0)
   at ahn.un(bhg A_0)
   at ahn.un(bhg A_0)
   at rk.un(bhg A_0)
   at ug.oy(bhg A_0)
   at a5q.a(bhg A_0)
   at mb.Update(GameTime gameTime)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
   at abt.a(String[] A_0)

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: .44 gun problem
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 09:30:13 pm »
Thanks for the report.

Just a quick question, what version are you playing?

ash

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 05:37:16 am »
0.1.8.0 - the latest I guess (bought on Desura)

ash

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 11:17:18 pm »
I'm glad to find the new 0.1.9.0 released. But before trying it, I'd be glad to know if the notorious .44 gun problem with the related subsequent save/load problems are solved? It will be so sad to play a half of a game again and then lose everything due to that(

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 12:50:43 am »
I'm glad to find the new 0.1.9.0 released. But before trying it, I'd be glad to know if the notorious .44 gun problem with the related subsequent save/load problems are solved? It will be so sad to play a half of a game again and then lose everything due to that(

I never managed to find what caused your problem. Nothing remotely similar ever happened in any of my tests.

ash

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 05:50:25 am »
Thanks for the lightning-fast feedback! Then I'll try to do the same once again, copying the save files to a separate folder from time to time. If I face the same problem once again, I'll try to document everything as carefully as possible. If not - all the better:)