Author Topic: Public alpha demo  (Read 31745 times)

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Public alpha demo
« on: August 16, 2012, 08:53:00 pm »
Public alpha demo (v0.1.4) is coming out next week, so sometime between 20. and 26. august. It will probably be made available through Desura.

neonesis

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Public alpha demo
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 01:25:46 pm »
Looking forward to it!

Also, any info on performance? I'm wondering specifically if my 1.65 GHz APU in HP Netbook is capable of running UnderRail with at least 25+ frames per second.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 01:45:11 pm »
Looking forward to it!

Also, any info on performance? I'm wondering specifically if my 1.65 GHz APU in HP Netbook is capable of running UnderRail with at least 25+ frames per second.

I can't say anything for certain as I still haven't tested it on that many configurations, but I think it should run fine on that (especially since you'll probably be running it on lower res since it's a netbook). It's fairly light on GFX, so as long as you have decent CPU (which you do) and GFX card that supports 2.0 shader model it should run fine.

neonesis

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 02:12:14 pm »
Well, it's not your usual netbook, it has quite powerful GPU, RAM, and full resolution (1366x768, but I use external monitor with 1280x1024), but CPU is its real bottleneck. Anyway, we'll see, I'm going to buy UR regardless of performance on this particular machine.

Moogle

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Gaming is Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 09:22:10 am »
Can't wait to test Under Rail out and have some fun killing some random pixels. How many hours of game play is in the alpha? 1 to 2 hours worth?
Waiting on game patches to be released for any game is more frustrating then waiting for ya wife to roll over and die on you. Ya never know it might happen on a patch day.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 10:24:14 am »
Can't wait to test Under Rail out and have some fun killing some random pixels. How many hours of game play is in the alpha? 1 to 2 hours worth?

I'd say there's about 2 and a half hours, but it largely depends on how you play RPGs. My friend was play testing it last night and he likes to open every container, turn every stone, talk to everyone, try to steal stuff and get killed because of it, etc, so after 4 hours he still hasn't beaten it.

Moogle

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Gaming is Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 11:05:31 pm »
I'd say there's about 2 and a half hours, but it largely depends on how you play RPGs. My friend was play testing it last night and he likes to open every container, turn every stone, talk to everyone, try to steal stuff and get killed because of it, etc, so after 4 hours he still hasn't beaten it.

Lol; sounds like your friend is having a fun old time with it =)[/i]
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 10:17:30 am by Moogle »
Waiting on game patches to be released for any game is more frustrating then waiting for ya wife to roll over and die on you. Ya never know it might happen on a patch day.

Carlucci

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 04:10:04 pm »
I'm really excited about this game. Can't wait to try the demo.  :D

gozer

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 08:52:38 am »
it is great to see RPG that is not set in the fantasy setting. can't wait to try the demo

Teddiousbear

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2012, 02:55:39 pm »
I think I finished the main questline I guess is what you'd call it and from what I played I'm extremely excited for this games full release. There are the few odd bugs, but not too many. Besides that I highly reccomend checking out the demo.

Moogle

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Gaming is Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2012, 10:16:47 am »
Well that was fun. Try'd to kill all workers and so forth in base didn't turn out so well. Try'd to rob the armory that backed fired as well lol. Overall I had lots of fun playing the game. Good job on a nice alpha demon =)

Meat Dragon

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 03:55:08 pm »
Look, despite the 120 day warning from the forum gods, I ad to say this.

Underrail is amazing. I will definitely be buying the Alpha Fund probably Monday when I am paid.

This is every thing I wanted in a Fallout Sequel. The nostalgia alone is enough to warrant a purchase.

But as a game in its own right, it exceeds all expectations I had of a PERCEIVED Fallout clone.

Calling it a Fallout Clone does not do it justice at all though. I feel as if it does the ultimate fan service. This game is worth 10 times of what they are charging for the alpha funding.

Words just can't describe what I feel for this game!