Author Topic: Bilocation Doppelganger Damage  (Read 2668 times)

Zephyros

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Bilocation Doppelganger Damage
« on: May 15, 2013, 01:37:00 pm »
Hey Styg,

When using Bilocation, my doppelganger seems to do way less damage than displayed in the skill description. My character was 15 Will and (212) Thought Control, and the skill lists the doppelganger's damage as '47-91' mental damage that also bypasses resistances. But testing it out on a stalker yielded far less - roughly 10-15 damage per hit. Am I not reading this correctly or something?

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Bilocation Doppelganger Damage
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 02:50:13 pm »
Just taken a look at the code and there was a bug causing the damage not to apply correctly. I've never tested it with that high skill so I never noticed.

On on that note, holy cow that damage is insane. Might need to do something about that at some point. Did you export/import that char or did you achieve that level of skill in one play-through?

Zephyros

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 11:50:38 pm »
Yeah it did seem a bit high :P

Character has been exported numerous times, due to me trying to buy high level materials from Blaine/killing him to check his boxes and crates. IIRC, my character got to about level 14 in one playthrough, doing all the quests available.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 12:50:41 am »
Hehe, yeah, I'll tone it down a bit. Though it might not be that imbalanced for that level of skill, but still the doppelganger hits 3 times with almost no chance to evade and no way to resist it. :P

Zephyros

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 05:09:05 am »
It also attracts aggro from people nearby, so it's strong as a defensive measure too.