Author Topic: Autosaves  (Read 2509 times)

crbrsd

• Noob
    • View Profile
Autosaves
« on: August 27, 2012, 12:23:20 am »
Just played my first game, I got to the part where you need to get into the vault before dying to some sort of security robot. I then realised that I had never saved.
Might be a good idea to implement an autosave system; perhaps after completion of major quests?

neonesis

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Autosaves
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 12:37:28 am »
I am sure that will be implemented, but since the demo questline is probably not going to be in the final game (or at least will take a few dramatic changes) it would be pointless to set up autosaves on quests now.

Other than than, on-zone-change saves, with a time interval, Elder Scrolls-style, would be nice, I think.

Lakstoties

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
    • Best With Stuff
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 01:06:02 am »
Zone change autosaves would be nice.  The main thing I would like is a rolling autosave slot system.  I set have many autosave slots I want  (0-50) and the game rotates between them during zone transitions.  These could be done in the background as to not hold up the rest of the game.  I want multiple autosaves slot just so you don't get burned by accidentally transitioning zones after a bad move, etc...   

And rolling quicksave slot system would be great, too.  Nothing like a bad reflexive quicksave twitch to overwrite the one slot you had with a bad one.
My random efforts:  http://www.bestwithstuff.com

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 07:15:05 pm »
Yeah, I plan to implement autosaving on transitions. Also, both autosaving and quicksaving will have rolling slots.