Author Topic: TimelapseVertigo.Game has stopped working - gamer'sgate d/l with Media Player  (Read 12486 times)

starhelm

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
As the title suggests, I am getting the 'TimelapseVertigo.Game has stopped working' problem.
I searched the forum and found a similar topic, although that seems to be for the demo version.

I bought the Alpha from Gamer'sGate as part of the indie bundle, I did the full installation (inc .NET) and all went off without a hitch.
I have Media Player installed and I have run it as admin, but still I get the error.

halp!

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
What version of Windows are you using?

And just to make sure, you have Media Player installed as a windows feature right?

starhelm

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
I'm on windows 7. I checked through Control Panel > Programs and Features > turn windows features on/off. It's there and it's checked. If there's another way to do it I'd be happy to.

I also tried to re-download it via microsoft in case I missed an update or something, but it says that WMP is already installed (or something similar).

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Could you try running this program before starting the game:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896647.aspx

And then once it crashes copy the log from DebugView and send it to me (admin et underrail dot com).

Thanks.

starhelm

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
e-mailed.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Received but it really doesn't tell me anything.

Could you check if the setup installed "Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable 4.0 Refresh"? It should be among your installed programs.

starhelm

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Ah. my programs list only shows 2.0. I will reinstall and see if that fixes. thanks for the help :)

starhelm

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
YES!

It's working now! I can't believe it was something so simple.

Game seems great so far, reminds me of old Fallout :)

Thanks again.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
YES!

It's working now! I can't believe it was something so simple.

Game seems great so far, reminds me of old Fallout :)

Thanks again.

No problem. I'm glad you got it running. :)

DMonin

• Zoner
    • View Profile
I know, it's old topic, but currently I have an exception while starting a game:

It's fails about 9 times from 10. :( And started at last steam update.

I already removed a .dat file but it not helped me. As I understand it's a only for me specific problem, cause I do not found any messages from other users with same problem, but maybe some one could explain me why it's falls?

My conf: Win 8.1 x64, with all latest updates.
Richard Moreau, Vault 8

DMonin

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Thanks for respones. But I already tried to start Underrail from folder and get same exception. :(
Richard Moreau, Vault 8

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Thanks for respones. But I already tried to start Underrail from folder and get same exception. :(

Try closing the steam completely and then running underrail.exe

DMonin

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Thanks for advice. There no any exceptions when steam is closed.
Richard Moreau, Vault 8

Nawak

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Hello,
So I bought Underrail quite recently, end 2015, on Steam. wich is, I have to say, a very good game, thanks for creating it !

So I had a few different games (one psi, one close F, one ranged) and everything was smooth, until 2 days ago when, at the end of a fight, the game crashes with the window popping "TimelapseVertigo.Game has stopped working".

I've tryed many things in game : done the fight maybe 20 times (quicksaved 2 step from it) going other places (<- doesn't crash immediatly but a few minutes later)
                                 off game : followed the tips on this website and on steam (checked steam's underrail cache, that windows media is activated, that I've got Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable 4.0 Refresh, deleted and downloaded the game 2 times, blocked Avast's screenthing, blocked Avast, runned the game without steam and even tryed to let windows find the answer to this problem and of course, it didn't)

I runned the debugview and couldn't send it to Styg because of a wrong e-mail adress ? your pseudo at underrail dot com ?

Tryed to look through the debugview and the only thing that seemed to not work was the fact that my computer lacked steam VR
"Failed to init SteamVR because it isn't installed"
So I downloaded it and it's still not working

So maybe I missed a little thing or I'm just doomed but please, help me. It's extremly frustrating to be blocked like that  :'(

The strange thing is that it runned very well until 2 days ago and that I already passed that part (in game) with another character...

Running on windows 10 on a lenovo U 41

Nawak

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Game Version: 1.0.1.10
Error: System.NullReferenceException: La r