Author Topic: Will I like this game?  (Read 10534 times)

Bubu91

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Will I like this game?
« on: April 12, 2013, 10:45:27 am »
Hey!  I'm a big fan of old school rpgs (Torment and Fallout 1 are my favourite). Could someone who bought the game tell me pls if the story and the text is engaging enough to warrant a purchase? Are the mechanics similar to the ones if Fallout?

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Will I like this game?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 03:35:31 pm »
Well, it's a bit early to say such, what with the balance and the like still being developed, but yes, if you liked games the style of the old fallout titles, this is definitely the game to spend pocket change on.
I personally found the dialogue very engaging; It might not have the same humor as fallout, though.
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

Bubu91

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 07:13:22 pm »
thx:) does the alpha build contain all the story?

Bubu91

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 02:17:20 pm »
hello?  :D

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 09:35:47 pm »
What, after taking 5 days to read a response, you expect a fast answer?  :P
I have no idea, honestly.
Without asking Styg, which is obviously an option, I'd venture it's a vertical slice, but it doesn't reach to the end.
In Devlog 15, he says he added quests which allow the player to learn more, but leave things to be answered later, which allows for the suspicion that there is a "later".
I think based on leveling it might be around two thirds the content of half the game? Don't quote me on that.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

Oldbolt

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 10:10:55 pm »
I enjoyed the fallout series and this is in the same kind of mould.  I am enjoying playing the Alpha version and being Alpha I expect there will be changes, things added/taken away.  For
Sleep: Something to do when bored!

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 11:05:01 pm »
Well since there was an idea of Deep Caverns (very dangerous zone with poisonous air and stuff) and whole system of underground rails (thus name Underail) the alpha has only a bit of story... compared to the whole thing of course. It certainly isn't complete if this what you're asking.

Styg tends to have updates about the story/quests or UI/bugfixes so you can ask him about the future of the game in one of these... or just necro some posts :P.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 01:13:37 am »

No. It doesn't contain much of the main story-line at all, but there's a lot of stuff to learn about the world in the content that is in right now.

Infiltrator

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 02:14:44 am »
How much in terms of scope and size would you say underrail was now compared to when you finish it? I tried the demo and liked it a lot, even though I didn't play fallout.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 02:21:39 am by Infiltrator »

Bubu91

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2013, 08:27:08 am »

No. It doesn't contain much of the main story-line at all, but there's a lot of stuff to learn about the world in the content that is in right now.

Thx:) definetlly going to buy this after the exams:D When will the beta or full version be released? Q4 this year?

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2013, 12:50:19 pm »
@Bubu91: I'm aiming to finish it by the end of the year, but don't hold me to that.

@Infiltrator:
I have a lot more content planned. I don't like to talk numbers because I always plan more than I can complete and then reduce the scope to something (semi-) realistic. But to give you some idea, there will be about 2 more urban locations in the Lower Underrail (where SGS is), about 2-3 urban locations in the Upper Underrail and also a couple of locations in the Deep Caverns; and of course bunch of in between areas, some dungeons, mini-dungeons and other stuff that comes with it.

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2013, 01:21:39 pm »
Counting that together, I think so far we have 20% of the game, with a few sidequests missing?
Damn, there's a lot to look forward to.

Infiltrator

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2013, 03:25:33 pm »
Thanks for the reply, looking forward to the release!

Bubu91

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2013, 03:48:41 pm »
I hope you will release the main story in it's full glory:D I'd rather wait a little more for the whole thing than get little chunks:)

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2013, 04:50:14 pm »
There's no better cliffhanger than "You really need to go to*Area not finished yet*" :P