Author Topic: Cryokinetic orb doesn't work on deep worms and final boss appendages  (Read 1695 times)

Duskmare

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Fairly annoying because it's my 'go-to' move for dealing heavy damage. Sadly doesn't work on the deep worms and I think most of their programming was copied for the final boss's minions. Posting this here so hopefully Styg will see and either justify why not, if it was intentional, or stick it on the 'bugs to be squashed' list.

Edit: the boss himself was also immune. Sad times. Though I did still manage to beat him without noticing the mutagen tanks... Oups. Mostly thanks to implosion and a kinetic proxy, haha.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 01:46:01 am by Duskmare »

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Cryokinetic orb doesn't work on deep worms and final boss appendages
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 10:51:48 am »
The tentacles were immune to it (the shards just passed through them) and I've fixed this for the next update. Some other enemies (such as turrets) might have been affected by this as well.

The deep worms do not have the same problem, but there is a general problem with targeting when it comes to the cryokinetic orb. Namely, the shards do not impact the creatures that are on the tile of impact. This was originally intended, but since the creatures can occupy more than one tile (usually up to 4), the targeting becomes a bit finicky and when you land the orb on a tile that the creature is just ever so slightly touching (might not even be visually standing on), all shards completely miss it. I'll need to change the way the shards collide to make sure this doesn't happen.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 11:52:02 am »
Okay, I made some tweaks here. Once the new version hits the experimental, let me know how it's working out for you if you're still playing this build (perhaps in the Expedition).

Duskmare

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 11:15:39 pm »
Okay, I made some tweaks here. Once the new version hits the experimental, let me know how it's working out for you if you're still playing this build (perhaps in the Expedition).

Thanks Styg! I'll let you know how I find it, though I've not got access to Expedition yet. Certainly wouldn't mind if you were to slip me a copy for more bug testing/squashing.

Duskmare

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 11:35:58 am »

Alright, I tried out the new build. Cryokinetic orb now works on Deep Worms, however still doesn't work on boss or boss appendages.

To me it seemed like the deep worms were now popping up in just a single grid square while the boss parts were covering multiple squares. Though I did also try hitting it with a cryokinetic orb from 2 squares away, to make sure it wasn't overlapping with the hitbox and that didn't make any difference, the spikes still went right through it. I tried it a couple of times just to be sure it wasn't an unlucky miss where the spikes went around it.

Duskmare

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 12:02:17 pm »
Another update. I actually had it on experimental instead of alpha. Tested it again to be sure and it works on the alpha version. Cyrokinetic orb hits appendages and main boss just fine. Though, for players of be base game without expedition it will still be broken.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 01:46:22 pm »
Another update. I actually had it on experimental instead of alpha. Tested it again to be sure and it works on the alpha version. Cyrokinetic orb hits appendages and main boss just fine. Though, for players of be base game without expedition it will still be broken.
Once the new version hits the public release it will work for everyone, regardless of the DLC.