Author Topic: Divinity: Original Sin  (Read 6081 times)

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Divinity: Original Sin
« on: March 28, 2013, 12:08:54 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weUPfejQ7xE

This is one of the games I'm genuinely excited about. There's also a kickstarter for it. Not sure how I feel about that but I'll probably support it as I'm buying this game anyway.

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
Re: Divinity: Original Sin
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 12:32:26 am »
I never got into the first Divinity game but this one looks really really good, thanks for sharing this! I will surely follow this until it's released. :D

posfan12

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 12:51:32 am »
The first DD was decent, but the new one is turn-based which is good news!

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 06:23:59 am »
I've played Divine Divinity and Divinity II, Beyond Divinity rests on my HD, because I had problems with starting party (went two warriors, then rogue and warrior... probably start wizard and warrior), but seems nice, in vein of DD. Of course DII was interesting too with it's mindreading and dragon combat, but soon fell flat (even with additional content) there were just too little of everything (and I explored every nook and cranny).

This one looks interesting though. Turn based is always my kind of combat (or even real-time pausable) and there is a party combat! At least two characters (I would prefer like four, but I'll do with what's available). Creafting system too looks like too good to be true. There is similar kickstarter about turn based RPG: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1604283933/the-dark-triad-dragons-death/ sadly it was cancelled because there wasn't enough support. I sure hope it won't be the same with Divinity kickstarter.

PS. I withdrew my backing for Shroud of Avatar after reading more about it. I mean... social gaming? Buying new skills? Ummm... nope. Not that kind of player. So it seems like you were right about that one, Styg ;].

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 03:37:00 am »
There is similar kickstarter about turn based RPG: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1604283933/the-dark-triad-dragons-death/ sadly it was cancelled because there wasn't enough support.

Hmm, I'm guessing they didn't get enough media coverage. This looks pretty legit. I hope they manage to finish the game despite the Kickstarter failure.

jimhowland

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 12:13:27 pm »
I like the music in this game =)

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 08:34:02 am »
I like this game entirely.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 10:46:54 am »
Enjoying me some co-op D:OS in the evenings myself. Very fun game.

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 06:48:31 pm »
Almost forgot about this thread. Got the game on release day and played it co-op with my brother, it had it's fair share of issues but Larian did a phenomenal job on patching the game so now I can play it without crazy lags and stuttering. I really like how they managed to get the role-playing aspect, exploration and combat top notch, if someone were to make an all-combat oriented addon for this, I'd be all over it.