Author Topic: Game exploits & bugs  (Read 5547 times)

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Game exploits & bugs
« on: August 26, 2012, 05:06:00 pm »
Okay, so here are few things I noticed that are possibly game breaking (exploiting enemy AI and combat mechanics).

- on maps where Hoppers are (these small creatures you need to catch in one of the quests) when you frighten them they run back to their holes... and never get in (it's a bug, because it works on one map, but not on the two other). Because of infinite spawn each time I kill/capture one another arrives somewhere on the screen. This can be used for farming their hides (or converting them to armor and selling);

- while stealth mainly works as intended there is also a bit of a problem: it works okay when I attack in stealth mode - my AP are reduced to null. BUT when I first press ENTER and start combat and then shoot it doesn't do it. Don't know if it's working normaly or not?

- another one: on some levels it's possible to do kiting: use stealth before entering the zone, then shoot the enemy, go back to another zone. Wait for stealth to recharge and do it once again. It's possible in burrower lair, on some levels in GMS... etc.

- stealth and stealing. When on 50 stealth I could rob blind nearly every merchant area in SGS. Hide, then move into their sight, use combat, then run last few meters and steal everything that's in container. Rinse and repeat;

- also with stealing. In medical ward surgeon doesn't react to me picking lock on footlocker. On cantina level when near main quest giver (don't remember what his name is) doing this will provoke hostile reaction.

And few questions:
1) would it be possible to provide some kind of stealth bonus/kill? Because right now character-thief has no chance against foes like burrowers without using mentioned exploits.
2) I love the crafting system! Really. Wish there was more blueprints... also - can't it be done so simplest blueprints were free for crafter? (like blueprint for cooked meat ie - I was waiting for it). Or maybe that on some levels crafter would learn different ones?
3) mind reading, or at least emotion reading would be fancy. But I'm sure that'll be a lot of work.
4) while stealthy near the merchants even when I get spotted they do nothing. In real life somebody found out in store trying to hide would be damn suspicius, right?

Hope it helps ;)

Koschey

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Game exploits & bugs
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 05:42:05 pm »
1) There should be a feat that lets you add bonus damage proportional to your stealth skill to gun shots fired out of hiding.

Ah yes, the 'Snipe' feat. Prereqs are Gun or Crossbow 35, Perception 8 and the 'Aimed Shot' feat. The bonus damage is applied to attacks with sniper rifles (none in the demo as far as I know) and crossbows. You must be in stealth mode to use it and the cooldown is 3 rounds.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 05:50:35 pm by Koschey »

neonesis

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 08:26:04 pm »
1) There should be a feat that lets you add bonus damage proportional to your stealth skill to gun shots fired out of hiding.

Ah yes, the 'Snipe' feat. Prereqs are Gun or Crossbow 35, Perception 8 and the 'Aimed Shot' feat. The bonus damage is applied to attacks with sniper rifles (none in the demo as far as I know) and crossbows. You must be in stealth mode to use it and the cooldown is 3 rounds.
There is a sniper rifle, you can buy it in Armory. The feat you mentioned is pretty cool, although sniper rifle is overall hard to use in tight rooms and corridors or caves. It one-shots most things, most of the time though.

Koschey

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 09:10:05 pm »
Hm, guess I didn't inspect the guns to closely, as my first completed playthrough was with a melee build. I'll keep an I open then with my gunner, I hope the armory always stocks at least one (as seems to be the case with steel armor).

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 05:17:58 am »
My bad, I didn't read all the feats as my playthrough was pistols/crossbow/craft I didn't have a chance to try it... but something like stun or fall on stealth hit would be great.

I saw the sniper, but from what I've seen I could only afford it at the end of the demo.