Author Topic: Expedition release date.  (Read 10619 times)

alexandergikalo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Expedition release date.
« on: November 20, 2018, 03:27:19 pm »
Good day.
Does anyone have information about Expedition release date? 8)

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Expedition release date.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 07:39:35 pm »
No release date yet, but I can say we're in the finishing stages of development and the expansion is currently being alpha tested.

alexandergikalo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 07:19:44 am »
No release date yet, but I can say we're in the finishing stages of development and the expansion is currently being alpha tested.

Very sad ((( I was really hoping to play in DLC at new year holidays...
If it's not a secret, will there be a beta test after the alpha test? Usually alpha is a very early version of the product.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 11:03:02 am »

Very sad ((( I was really hoping to play in DLC at new year holidays...
If it's not a secret, will there be a beta test after the alpha test? Usually alpha is a very early version of the product.

The testing will be continuous until we release and it will remain invite-only, though we may expand the current roster of testers at some point. Alpha just means that we are not feature complete yet, the game development is nearing the end.

alexandergikalo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 11:27:38 am »
The testing will be continuous until we release and it will remain invite-only, though we may expand the current roster of testers at some point. Alpha just means that we are not feature complete yet, the game development is nearing the end.

Understood. Thanks for the answer. Good luck with the development!

Zalpha

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2018, 03:30:10 pm »
So there is the answer I was looking for, I got the game but didn't want to start over if the expansion was going to be released in December. At least I can now play it over the holidays without worrying about starting over half way.

bati

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2018, 06:23:34 am »
So there is the answer I was looking for, I got the game but didn't want to start over if the expansion was going to be released in December. At least I can now play it over the holidays without worrying about starting over half way.

If you're anything like the rest of us you'll end up replaying the game many times anyway. Nothing else really measures up to be honest  :P

newageofpower

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2018, 01:04:47 pm »
If you're anything like the rest of us you'll end up replaying the game many times anyway. Nothing else really measures up to be honest  :P
In terms of crafting system and feats design, Underrail is the best in a modern RPG. It has an amazing stealth system as well.

I prefer Age of Decadence/Dungeon Rats combat/skills system though.

bati

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2018, 10:27:51 am »
AoD was amazing to me, but not because of combat - which was also good, but the choice and consequence system the game is built upon was the real draw. Sadly it doesn't get as much praise as it deserves, just like UnderRail. It's interesting how many supposedly hard core rpg players are round but when two rpgs come out and they end up being pretty much the best stuff release in the last 10 years they get overlooked.

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2018, 12:00:45 pm »
I prefer Age of Decadence/Dungeon Rats combat/skills system though.

I'm curious, how did they make a better skills system?

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2018, 02:49:07 pm »
It's interesting how many supposedly hard core rpg players are round but when two rpgs come out and they end up being pretty much the best stuff release in the last 10 years they get overlooked.

Exactly, that's when I understood the enviroment - industry have changed, when they pised Witcher 3 and told nothing about Underrail.
If Fallout was made today, it would have same status as Underrail - indie game not many know about.
If you aren't AA at least, you can't win anything today.

Exactly, that's when I understood the enviroment - industry have changed, when they pised Witcher 3 and told nothing about Underrail.

And yeah, I probably was slow in that, and shoudl have know better.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 02:52:33 pm by Fenix »

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2018, 12:29:35 am »
*eurobeat intensifies*

Zebrazilla

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2018, 10:14:29 am »
Great to hear. Still as hyped as ever. Take your time! :D

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2019, 08:27:23 pm »
Thread makes me happy. As a real oldschook rpg fan they are my two favorite games of modernity. 1800 hrs in Underrail, 400 in AoD

boi

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2019, 07:08:28 pm »
So if I still haven't properly started my first playthrough (I had played through the tutorial just when I noticed the expansion announcement) should I wait until the expansion comes out or is it an entirely separate experience? I don't have that much time to play video games, so I doubt I'll do multiple playthroughs any time soon.