Author Topic: Transparency Bubble  (Read 3213 times)

Lakstoties

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
    • Best With Stuff
Transparency Bubble
« on: August 26, 2012, 07:45:24 am »
There needs to be a transparency bubble around the player character that is applied to any tiles that are overlapping the character.  This is in similar fashion to Fallout 1 and 2.  I get the feeling I have missed a number of things due to it being covered up by wall sections.  This transparency bubble needs to allow the player the ability to to select items within range of the bubble.
My random efforts:  http://www.bestwithstuff.com

neonesis

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Transparency Bubble
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 11:22:05 am »
Yeah, I've mentioned that in my impressions - this kind of thing is pretty much necessary, I felt blind without it.

ilcattivo13

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 02:08:18 pm »
Exactly, and if You kill enemy (bandit, stalker, rathound) and loot drops "in a shadow of a wall", then it's imposible to take/ransack it. I discovered it during "searching for an old watch" quest and later, between SGS barracks and GMS compound.

Koschey

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 05:33:04 pm »
You can simply press Tab to highlight all doors and containers, even those obscured by walls. That way, you can also collect obscured loot piles.

I'd imagine stuff like this or how to use special crossbow bolts will be explained in the manual of the completed game.

ilcattivo13

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 03:52:21 pm »
Now I know that, but there is another thing - if someone is killed behind desk (especially, when it's a desk with computer or something else is lying on it), You won't get the loot. TABing reveals, that there are "Remains', but You are unable to point it with coursor.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 03:55:35 pm »
Now I know that, but there is another thing - if someone is killed behind desk (especially, when it's a desk with computer or something else is lying on it), You won't get the loot. TABing reveals, that there are "Remains', but You are unable to point it with coursor.
Pressing Z highlights the items in reverse order, so you're able to select the 'deepest' object first. Not the best solution, though, and I'm currently looking for a better one.