Author Topic: Force Field ends at different points during the turn  (Read 1319 times)

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
Force Field ends at different points during the turn
« on: February 16, 2018, 07:37:20 pm »
Does Force Field have an initiative now?  It always used to be that when it would go away, it would be right at the beginning of my turn, so I had protection during the enemy turn. But recently, it's been sometimes ending right at the beginning of the enemy turn, which is much less helpful.  It does stay for the correct number of turns, it's just odd that it ends at different points during the turn sequence.

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: Force Field ends at different points during the turn
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 08:41:14 pm »
It has initiative of 0 :p

I have same experience as you do but it seems like it's ending at the very end of a turn for quite a long time now (quote from 2014):

Quote from: Styg
Ok, the thing is - your buffs "tick" at the end of your turn. So if it says two turns, it will expire at the end of your next turn. FF expired slightly later because it's an environmental effect and it's "tick" is triggered last during the turn no matter when it was cast (after the player and all the NPCs have acted).

Maybe some baddie has bested you on initiative roll?

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: Force Field ends at different points during the turn
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 08:46:30 pm »
Maybe some baddie has bested you on initiative roll?
Hm, yeah, could be.  I was fighting Psi Beetles, so their initiative is like "ehhh, tomorrow" but perhaps I rolled a 1 and they rolled a 15.  I'll pay more attention to that.  Thanks for the clarification.

EDIT: Sure enough, that was it.  Sort of an embarrassing thing to fail to notice, honestly.  Thanks for pointing it out to me.  I had gotten so accustomed to my Psi character with Paranoia + Gunslinger that I completely forgot how much different it would be to have a mere 11 Initiative, instead of 29.  Sorry for the thread.  PEBKAC.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 09:53:03 pm by TheAverageGortsby »