Author Topic: Problem with "throwing" attacks  (Read 1472 times)

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
Problem with "throwing" attacks
« on: February 08, 2018, 07:38:15 am »
A few times since the patch I've had a thrown attack (once with grenades, once with nets, and once with a Pyrokinesis) disappear.  The PC goes through the throwing animation, and any consumable aspect (item, psi, Action Points) is used, but the projectile animation doesn't follow and there's no feedback as to what goes wrong.

I can't predictably duplicate it (because I suspect it requires you to screw up and throw wildly) but each time it has happened I've been standing near a wall and the target I'm throwing to is also near a wall.  Maybe there's a problem with destination checking allowing a projectile to miss into a wall tile, but since there's no actual way to target/attack a wall the projectile animation doesn't trigger?

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with "throwing" attacks
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 09:49:53 am »
Are you sure it happens with throwing nets? Because those cannot go to random tiles, but are always landing on the target, whether they hit or miss.

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 12:06:23 am »
Are you sure it happens with throwing nets? Because those cannot go to random tiles, but are always landing on the target, whether they hit or miss.
Well, the net one was first and was several weeks ago.  The grenade and pyrokinesis were this week so I'm certain of those.  I'll certainly accept that I could be wrong about my memory of the nets.  I don't trust this rattly old brain any further than I can throw it, and it's attached >.<

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 07:35:05 pm »
Latest experimental patch, hard, oddity, new vanilla game (no cheat engines or such).

Just had the same thing happen. Only it was not me, it was Gorsky!

I was at the GMS compound, at the first mission to find the keycard for the buttower storage room.
I lured the rathounds over to the SGS squad, to get help in taking them out.

Gorsky walked up and threw a frag grenade at the last rathound, only... poof! The grenade never exploded, it simply vanished into thin air.
I am pretty sure the animation was there, I heard a "click" as for arming the grenade, and saw it fly through the air.
It seemed like it was thrown at a tile near a wall.

(I have combat animation speed and combat walking speed set to 200%/250% in the option settings, if that matters.)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 07:38:53 pm by Bruno »