Author Topic: [MILD SPOILER] who wrote the dialogues and the game text?  (Read 1994 times)

Twiglard

[MILD SPOILER] who wrote the dialogues and the game text?
« on: February 07, 2018, 05:45:00 am »
Hey.

Despite Underrail not being a story-heavy game to the like of Fallout or Arcanum, there are some awesome bits here and there.

In particular, the person writing the dialogue appears to have heavy knowledge of medicine, biology, chemistry organic and otherwise. Who wrote that dialogue? That person deserves kudos. In particular:

- [secret senile dude] "half of the [answer] is in the symbionts"
- [pasquale's log] many entries
- [crafting] making RDX stabilized with TNT, not a generic "bomb +3 of Unobtanium"
- [devil cult] actually making them do believably scientific stuff
- tons of others that I can't remember
- [devil cult] Tenured scientific workers need a drink too! Get drunk stupid in the good old Slavic tradition. Western Europe got nothing on us. ;)

Is the person on the forum? Otherwise, please keep working with that person for the expansion(s) and sequels, it adds great charm to the game.

sh
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 06:15:18 am by sthalik »

Yonaiker

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: [MILD SPOILER] who wrote the dialogues and the game text?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 04:56:22 pm »
In the credits two developers are in the writing department, but I'd say they could have used not only Internet but also third-party help from people who are experts in their respective fields of science to avoid the inclusion of erroneous information, in certain quest in foundry there is a lot of interesting biology talking with Quinton, and also I loved the Hercules drug composition and its effects over the human body

Twiglard

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 07:35:56 am »
Phryg could write the story for Alpha Centauri 2, I'll give you that. ❤️

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 07:42:24 am »
As Academician Prokhor Zakharov, renowned author of "For I Have Tasted the Fruit"? ;)

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 05:29:14 am »
How about that part, when explained why they don't have plasma weapon that can melt the Beast?

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 10:57:51 am »
As Academician Prokhor Zakharov, renowned author of "For I Have Tasted the Fruit"? ;)

Well, the University of Planet is my favorite faction to play as, so there you go. Haven't played AC in a while, sadly, but this thread kind of makes me want to fire it up again.

Quote from: sthalik
Get drunk stupid in the good old Slavic tradition. Western Europe got nothing on us. ;)

Don't worry, there's going to be more of that in the expansion. What can I say, it's in our blood. :D