Author Topic: Stealth Build w/o crafting viable?  (Read 12762 times)

Davaeorn

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Stealth Build w/o crafting viable?
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2018, 11:29:10 am »
Remember Expertise as well. Extra damage per non-critical bullet is a major part of the SMG appeal, especially the silenced (low base damage) variant.

You already have Sprint, wich is good as you need to be rather close, sometimes point blank, to hit well. Lastly, consider Opportunist+Suppressive Fire, as the latter provide a slow-effect, the combonation making your bursts do permanent 15% more damage.

SMGs are really strong, though if you are doing only light crafting, perhaps get mechanics to 50 or so, and chemistry to 20, to make repair kits (weapons degrade rather fast with) and more importantly armor-piercing bullets, to overcome your main problem with mechanical threshold/resistance.

For SMG i would also consider taking Suppressive Fire + Opportunist. Suppressive fire gives debuffs for everyone in the cone of fire, and that debuff will proc Opportunist damage increase.

Thanks to both of you for the sustained help.

I came up with this build and started playing yesterday:

http://underrail.info.tm/build/?GQMPCAMLAwPChzIAACjCh8KHXy48I2BkKChJAAAAAAAATyQnHRY3GSZJQSg7OQ

The feats are somewhat randomly sorted.

In regard to the crafting I am unsure on how high Mechanics, Electronics and Tailoring need to be for sufficient stealth gear so the numbers maybe be not optimal.

MirddinEmris

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2018, 11:41:23 am »
In regard to the crafting I am unsure on how high Mechanics, Electronics and Tailoring need to be for sufficient stealth gear so the numbers maybe be not optimal.

Stealth by itself is not really dependent on crafting. The difference in stealth bonuses between gear you can craft and what you can find/buy is not that big to warrant investing in crafting by itself. So if you don't want ot bother with crafting, just make sure those skills reach effective 50 for you to be able to craft repair kits. As a side effect you'll be able to craft Taser with you electronics skill, and that's pretty good

MirddinEmris

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2018, 11:45:55 am »
Not sure what you need 40 points i biology for, though. I mean you'll probably be able to craft Jumping bean, but that's it.

Other than that, the build looks fine. More than viable.

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2018, 12:46:17 am »
I hope the expansion will buff throwing-only build, assassin (knife) and firearm pistol, in this order.