Author Topic: Overcharged Plasma feat?  (Read 1468 times)

Draynin

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Overcharged Plasma feat?
« on: February 02, 2018, 08:34:04 pm »
( Spoilers I guess)

If I am remembering correctly when you talk to Ezra about the Beast and the material they are made of, you can suggest to use plasma.
He says plasma can be heated up more than the standard output but it still wouldn't be enough to melt the beast. So what i'm emphasizing is that we can perhaps choose to overcharge/overheat the plasma pistols for extreme heat damage output. Going off of the experimental chemical pistol feat that has a charge up description can we get one for plasma pistols?
Perhaps called: Push the Limit

Description: The plasma pistol is set to near critical heat output;
A: the overcharged shot must be fired the turn the ability is used like aimed shot, in which has it causes 10% maximum durability damage to the weapon and uses 200% ammo/energy does massive bonus damage.
B: The player gains a buff while wielding a plasma pistol called Unstable core for 5 turns; Unstable core allows the next shot to deal bonus damage and can be combo'ed with other feats like
aimed shot and kneecap. Each turn Unstable Core is active the weapon takes 5% maximum durability damage (minimum 5% if it is fired the turn it is active)

This feat would mostly boost the heat damage and maybe the energy a bit, but the heat damage lets it have more counter play from certain heat resistant armor.

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: Overcharged Plasma feat?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 09:17:27 pm »
Plasma is most likely too specific.

I'd rather have something for all energy pistols. I like the idea of overcharge and it does not need to be a feat.
Currently we can recharge EWs with batteries and any energy above weapon capacity is wasted. Maybe that excess energy could make EWs overcharged? Overcharge level would depend on amount of energy wasted on reload.
Recharging EWs with full energy would not be possible, maybe it's already not possible, i don't know.
That would give Plasma Cell another purpose.

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 02:18:56 am »
Chemical pistols were given a nice new feat and belt because they were much weaker than laser/plasma pistols - crit built plasma pistols could one-shot Tchort, apparently, like sniper rifles.  Chemical pistols really needed a boost to be brought up even in line with good conventional pistols.  Not saying plasma doesn't deserve some love, just pointing out that chemical pistols *really needed* some love just to be remotely competitive.

Thus, if you want extreme heat output, why not carry an incendiary pistol with you? I have to imagine that would fit the bill.

Draynin

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 05:37:18 am »
Chemical pistols were given a nice new feat and belt because they were much weaker than laser/plasma pistols - crit built plasma pistols could one-shot Tchort, apparently, like sniper rifles.  Chemical pistols really needed a boost to be brought up even in line with good conventional pistols.  Not saying plasma doesn't deserve some love, just pointing out that chemical pistols *really needed* some love just to be remotely competitive.

Thus, if you want extreme heat output, why not carry an incendiary pistol with you? I have to imagine that would fit the bill.

I was just wondering if a lore based feat could be in order