Underrail > General

Bleed based unarmed build viable for dominating?

(1/4) > >>

jubisloviu:
Hello there folks, i need help theorycrafting a decent bleed based unarmed build for dominating.
it all started when i was doing the institute quests and stumbled upon the Ripper's Glove on my psi monk playthrought.
and now i wonder how viable is it for dominating but honestly i've never played with bleed based builds so i have absolutely no idea what feats besides the generic ones (cheap shots, expose weakness, etc) i should take and what order should i get them.
Of course i'm fully aware i'll have huge problems dealing with enemies that have high DT/DR or enemies that can't bleed, but i suppose i can always use bear traps/grenades/power fist to deal with them.

Ploluap:
Is there a typical "bleed" build out there ?

I'd say there are multiple ways...

You must first ask yourself if you'll use fist weapons (since you plan to the claw) or knives (for eviscerate) [EDIT : sorry i didn't read you post title properly, but maybe you were considering eviscerate ? It seems to be the utlimate bleeding skill].

Using both seems cool but maybe hard to optimize (lots of different feats to take., also knives require 5 will for ripper).

I'm pretty sure you can get your build viable for dominating in any case.

With fist weapons you'll basically want lightning punches, cheap shots and taste for blood asap, then expose weakness, vile weaponry and probably combo.

One thing to consider though is whether or not you'll take quick tinkering and grenadier, and when.

Those are extremely powerful feats for dominating, especially early on, but they will delay greatly the core of you build if you take them at lvl 4 and 6... (that matters only if you play oddity though)

jubisloviu:
i think getting quick thinkering early will be alright, using it for crowd control purposes and to proc bleeding on targets with bear traps sounds good and helpfull on depot A.
i can live without grenadier if i plan ahead what to do, even thought it's really good it's more of a quality of life than necessity.
Eviscerate looks really good but sadly it's for only for knives.
after fiddling around the build planner i think a 3/10/6/10/3/3/5 is around the sweet spot between mobility with sprint and survivality with thick skull.

Twiglard:
Stupid question -- how is bleed viable if in most cases you have to ice the guy right in front of you in one turn?

jubisloviu:

--- Quote from: Twiglard on January 27, 2018, 02:00:04 am ---Stupid question -- how is bleed viable if in most cases you have to ice the guy right in front of you in one turn?

--- End quote ---
That's a good question, bleed is great not just because of the DoT you'll be applying to enemies, but because the more DoT's you apply the more buffs you get out of it, stuff like vile weaponry and taste for blood are great to amplify your damage per turn, and with fists you'll have plenty of ways to stun/incapacitate/lock peoples in place while snowballing out of the debuffs/buffs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version