Author Topic: Poison knife (as an enhancement)  (Read 1305 times)

Ploluap

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Poison knife (as an enhancement)
« on: January 18, 2018, 11:57:18 am »
I think knives are too limited in options compared to fist weapons.

Also the "toxicity" feat have too limited uses.

What i suggest : an enhancement available for knives (as a option to choose between this and shock generator) that makes them able to poison the target when hit.

Similar to shock generator, you recharge your knife with a poison flask.  Then the next 5 hits (or any number) will inflict set poison if the blow goes through armor.

That would make "toxicity" characters a lot more viable (and fun) and give knives a little bit more of CC with crawler poison.

Maybe it has already been proposed and refused, sorry in that case.
I'm Potoldski on discord

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Poison knife (as an enhancement)
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 07:30:37 am »
That sounds really cool actually, I'd like to see it

My guesses for why poison knives aren't in:
- bleeding from serrated knives already provides the damage over time aspect of poison if not the special effects
- AP cost, since knives' AP costs are 11-12, while poisoned throwing knives have an AP cost of 18, this would let you inflict poison at a much greater rate, the AP cost of poisoned knives could be increased however

Ploluap

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 11:25:12 am »
Thanks for you answer :)

I personnaly don't think that there is a problem with stacking dots though, also in my opinion it wouldn't cause any balance problem because :

- it'd work as a replacement for shock generator, so you'd lose a bunch of electricity immediate damage if you'd chose poison instead of shock knife (making it useless against robot by the way);

- there would be a limited number of poison charges per knife, and maybe you'd be unable to reload it during combat.
I'm Potoldski on discord

crossfirex

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 08:17:46 pm »
I had always wondered why they made serrated knives but not any poison melee options, I think it would make a good addition.