Underrail > Suggestions

Poison knife (as an enhancement)

(1/1)

Ploluap:
I think knives are too limited in options compared to fist weapons.

Also the "toxicity" feat have too limited uses.

What i suggest : an enhancement available for knives (as a option to choose between this and shock generator) that makes them able to poison the target when hit.

Similar to shock generator, you recharge your knife with a poison flask.  Then the next 5 hits (or any number) will inflict set poison if the blow goes through armor.

That would make "toxicity" characters a lot more viable (and fun) and give knives a little bit more of CC with crawler poison.

Maybe it has already been proposed and refused, sorry in that case.

ciox:
That sounds really cool actually, I'd like to see it

My guesses for why poison knives aren't in:
- bleeding from serrated knives already provides the damage over time aspect of poison if not the special effects
- AP cost, since knives' AP costs are 11-12, while poisoned throwing knives have an AP cost of 18, this would let you inflict poison at a much greater rate, the AP cost of poisoned knives could be increased however

Ploluap:
Thanks for you answer :)

I personnaly don't think that there is a problem with stacking dots though, also in my opinion it wouldn't cause any balance problem because :

- it'd work as a replacement for shock generator, so you'd lose a bunch of electricity immediate damage if you'd chose poison instead of shock knife (making it useless against robot by the way);

- there would be a limited number of poison charges per knife, and maybe you'd be unable to reload it during combat.

crossfirex:
I had always wondered why they made serrated knives but not any poison melee options, I think it would make a good addition.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version