Author Topic: [1.0.3.20] Zone transition failed (alternatively: failed to load the saved game)  (Read 2654 times)

Viktor_Berg

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
I've encountered this bug in the Upper Caves. The area in question is under the mouse cursor, it's the one with a dock and some lurkers on it. When I first entered the area, there were no issues. I did a quicksave and initiated a combat. After, predictably, being screwed by RNG and dying, I tried to reload the quicksave, upon which I got "failed to load the saved game". I thought it was some kind of quicksave corruption because I moved too quickly after saving or something, so I load the autosave instead, and try again. No go, quicksaving and loading again in this area still corrupts the quicksave. So I exit the area back west (to where I am right now), and try to reenter the the problematic area. Now I get "Zone transition failed", and any autosaves in that area no longer work.

Screenshot of the area: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/914661181041878485/4A6AC94A6BA9CA49A3C66EE71EA12A98EC9506CB/
Savefile: http://puu.sh/yUT1A.rar

Altos

• Scavenger
  • Epeli for "World's Most Helpful Person" 2013-20XX
    • View Profile
I have also encountered this issue, exactly as Viktor described; loading a quicksave created in lux-b5 produces the "failed to load the saved game" error, but thankfully the autosave produced from the initial transition into lux-b5 is still loadable. Leaving lux-b5 and then trying to re-enter produces the "zone transition failed" error and disables loading of autosaves for lux-b5.

I have no real idea what causes this, but I suspect that it has something to do with the campfire introduced into the zone with the update to v. 1.3.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 09:21:47 pm by Altos »

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
Thanks, as I understand, that's a deadend area with docks and smugglers. Good to know,

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Fixed for the next update.

Ronin

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Is there any way to get the saves to work? I happened to corrupt all my 4 saves in that area so I lost like 40 hours of playing... not too happy about that. Maybe with the next update they'll be usable again?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 02:36:24 pm by Ronin »

MaDCaTZA

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
I have been loving the game thus far, but now I have reached this exact same area and my saves have all become corrupt...
It is highly irritating and I think I have now lost all my progress.

Styg, on January 5th 2018 you posted "Fixed for the next update."
What kind of a joke is this, clearly this is not fixed and we are almost in the new year 2019. Please do something about this game breaking bug.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 09:55:24 pm by MaDCaTZA »

MaDCaTZA

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile