Author Topic: [1.0.3.20] NPC snipers are able to fire at 20 tiles/max weapon range  (Read 1097 times)

Hazard

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
I was trying out a small graphical change in the Core City residential area, shooting at NPCs and looking at the animation change I've done. At one point, I started taking sniper fire from an unseen opponent. I've had enemy snipers shooting from 14 tiles, or just outside sight range, a few times before, but I always thought it was just part of the line of sight weirdness that sometimes occurs in Underrail. This time however, the sniper firing at me was nowhere near the sight range limit, but several tiles beyond that. After some quick testing it became clear that as long as the sniper had joined the combat, by me walking inside his aggro range or a stray burst hitting him, he could shoot at me without moving from as much as 20 tiles away, or the maximum sniper rifle range.

This certainly doesn't seem like intended behavior. I'm playing on Hard, in case that's important.

Hazard

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: [1.0.3.20] NPC snipers are able to fire at 20 tiles/max weapon range
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 08:56:55 am »
Huh. Ok. I sure hope Styg decides to do something about it, 'cause that's some serious bullshit. :o