Author Topic: Death Crawlers amd the Rathound King  (Read 1827 times)

MerlinPrimus

• Noob
    • View Profile
Death Crawlers amd the Rathound King
« on: January 03, 2018, 02:41:27 am »
So, I'm just finishing up Camp H before going on to core city, already done the burrowers. I am hunting the Rathound king and came across a room of Alpha Rathounds, figure I'm getting close. So in the middle of taking all these rats out, a Death Crawler pops down from the ceiling and, yeah, things don't go so well. Apparently this is a new unit from about 1 month ago. Now this is my first play through, doing a knife stealth grenade thing, been going great till now. The burrowers were cake and I'm level 10. No matter how many times I try this room I can't avoid the death crawler. The room doesn't *seem* like I can stealth through it, as I failed a few times. I've read the normal strategies for dealing with crawlers, and they don't work here, and I can't cure the poison due to hyperallergy debuff. Any tips?

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Death Crawlers amd the Rathound King
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 03:06:27 am »
Bear traps before combat, and keep a tazer in a utility slot.  Flashbangs also work.  I usually eat the health penalty and use an antidote right before the stun hits.  Of course it's all pretty meta if you never do any of that.
*eurobeat intensifies*

mattu

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 03:26:51 am »
I believe that guy lives up in a little spur at the NE edge of the map, and won't come down if you don't wake him up. So my first advice would be to try "a knife stealth grenade thing" and, even if you have to fight, you may be able to leave him resting (knife fighting is silent or nearly so). Possibly get seen deliberately by the rathounds and draw aggro up away that SE corner so the fight is even farther away from his home.

If you have to fight him, I agree with harperfan7. Flashbangs, bear traps, tasers, also molotovs. Caltrops can also work, although may be hazardous to you as well. They may be stupid enough to walk into bear traps as long as that's the shortest path to you, even if there is another way around, not sure. They're bugs, not too bright, so I think it's likely. I usually relied on molotovs and flame resistant gear myself.

MerlinPrimus

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 08:01:57 am »
Thanks - that was simple enough - just daggered everything. I appreciate it.

mattu

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 06:06:20 pm »
Glad the easy thing worked. You will have to fight crawlers/death stalkers eventually, be warned.