Author Topic: Cryo Grenades  (Read 1939 times)

crossfirex

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Cryo Grenades
« on: December 30, 2017, 08:23:12 pm »
Can there be a more useful cryo grenade? currently the enemies never step on them while they are nearby and if you throw one at them it takes far too long to activate, and they are always moved out of the way by the time it starts gassing the area.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Cryo Grenades
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 10:55:39 pm »
It's best to throw them somewhere between you and the enemy, then start combat. 

I'll agree that I don't see a strong use for them, because gas grenades are better.
*eurobeat intensifies*

Yonaiker

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 08:53:40 pm »
All grenades > Cryo grenades

Seriously they are by far IMO almost useless, I prefer all the way increased stackable damage over a slow (Not even close to cause them hypothermia), if only they acted like an explosive variant instead of gas then it would be interesting.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 12:19:10 am by Yonaiker »

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 02:15:32 pm »
Actually, I just realized they're still good against enemies immune to bio stuff like mutants.
*eurobeat intensifies*

Benjibibi

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 08:18:21 am »
Yeah they are useless, you need to throw them ahead of time (it's ok, it' gas grenade) but you also need to know where your enemy will end his turn, because they only do something if someone start/finish his turn in it.

I think it would be better to apply the chill effect by just passing through it and the hypothermia effect only for standing in it at the end of your turn.
Then it could be use as a mass slow and "packer" of enemy, working nicely with cooked shot in a chemical focused build.

Also damage is ridiculous. Maybe like the burrower caltrops that deal less damage than regular burrower poison, you could introduce a weaker version of the chill debuff, like 5 movement points instead of 10. That way it would be like a caltrop but with a lingering effect on the enemy and the added possibility of constitution debuff.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 08:33:46 am by Benjibibi »

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 09:28:36 am »
Does seem like these could use a buff.

One crazy idea would be:
- much more expensive/difficult to craft, the "king" of crowd control grenades
- on impact they apply Cryostasis in a small radius and leave a medium sized cloud of Cryogas as well, cold gear enemies are resistant to both the gas and the stasis

Leviathan

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 10:46:53 am »
they aint so useless but their use is just area denial weapon like caltrops, or just a way to kill without triggering a fight